Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,666 times

Advertisements

So I had an interivew today at a major retailer as a sales associate.
Went in, met the manager sat me down to fill out an app. Came back once I was finished and we sta down and talked for a bit. Based on how things were going, i felt really really well about the whole thing.
He was explaining the pay rate, how tey were looking to fill both a part and full time position, and was asking me how much i was payed at my current job. I knew a lot of brand knowledge and he seemed impressed by that, also acknowledged the fact that I have good similar type retail experience.
he then asks me to style both a mens and womens look. This caught me really off guard and honestly, feel like i could have done a lot better in this part of the interview.
after this, the interview quickly ended, and he said something along the lines of "our new store manager comes in, i will give you a call then and if we were to give you the job, have you come in for a meet and greet type of thing" i then asked how soon next week and he says "maybe sometime after monday, we want to give her a bit to settle in, if you have any questions between then, dont hestitate to call me"
So, what do YOU think? Think I got it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM

23,531 posts, read 24,011,889 times
You don't have the position until it is offered to you and confirmed by an offer letter.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:19 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexlovedenim View Post
So I had an interivew today at a major retailer as a sales associate.
Went in, met the manager sat me down to fill out an app. Came back once I was finished and we sta down and talked for a bit. Based on how things were going, i felt really really well about the whole thing.
He was explaining the pay rate, how tey were looking to fill both a part and full time position, and was asking me how much i was payed at my current job. I knew a lot of brand knowledge and he seemed impressed by that, also acknowledged the fact that I have good similar type retail experience.
he then asks me to style both a mens and womens look. This caught me really off guard and honestly, feel like i could have done a lot better in this part of the interview.
after this, the interview quickly ended, and he said something along the lines of "our new store manager comes in, i will give you a call then and if we were to give you the job, have you come in for a meet and greet type of thing" i then asked how soon next week and he says "maybe sometime after monday, we want to give her a bit to settle in, if you have any questions between then, dont hestitate to call me"
So, what do YOU think? Think I got it?

I don't like the sound of ......."Sometime after Monday" which is unclear and not an direct answer. Just don't call on Tuesday

Old 08-15-2013, 05:45 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,305 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...did-i-get.html

Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
I don't know why people keep asking this kind of question. Hiring managers (like me) always give a few more details at the end and it means nothing as far as your chances. Even if when you left you were the best qualified person for the job, someone better could be interviewed next, later that day or the next day. It's OK to have hope but you should continue applying and interviewing as often as possible until you have an actual offer.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM

300 posts, read 1,136,726 times
If the manager said "take care" at the end than you didn't get the job sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search