Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 PM

46 posts, read 86,518 times

Advertisements

So check this out...

So I get a call back to do a phone interview for a job, I do the interview, told I am moving on and that the process goes like this:

-Hiring Manager Interview
-On-site Interview

Okay, so i do the hiring manager interview (phone) told that I am moving on and that it will be an on-site interview.

Cool! So a recruiter contacts me and gives me the whole process for the on-site interview and asks for my availability. I provide it to her. At the end of the day she tells me that she was unable to get everyone's schedule in line with those dates and asked for more, cool so i give her a few more dates for next week and then, yesterday, I get an email saying that she is still working hard to align schedules and will be in touch shortly. At the end of yesterday, I get an email that says "actually our hiring managers have changed our interview process...there is another phone interview"

So the response in my head is...uhh...what the f? So three people tell me the process is 2 phone interviews (one screen, one hiring manager) then on-site, but all of a sudden now it's "they changed their process?"

Makes me wonder a couple of things:

1. If it is really because schedules didn't align, why lie to me? Why not just say "hey we couldnt get schedules aligned due to holiday, could you do X, Y ,Z or another phone interview instead?" Why just make us some BS last minute about changing their process?

2. I wonder if originally I was their top candidate and while they were trying to schedule, they interviewed someone else they liked more and now are trying to weed me out without wasting money to bring me up?

3. This is a big brand name company that everyone knows...but is this really somewhere I want to work?

Wow, what a horrible experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 06:38 PM

Sorry for double post: should have used the title "example of great recruiting"

Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
large companies have large h.r. departments and a million procedures for hiring
this is of course,,, cya, so as not to get sue'd, along with a hyper h.r. dept,,,that trips over itself with "processes"

just go thru with this....it should be worth it..

Old 06-24-2014, 06:49 PM

I guess I should mention..its a large brand but the company has less than 500 people and all of the reviews on glassdoor mention the process as it was first told to me.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:45 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,009,903 times
I went through an hr nightmare after I had already accepted the job, just because I had never filled out an application. Ended up filling out two or three applications(online) just so they could get me in the system, and eventually into the correct hiring requisition or whatever. Pain in my ass, but worked out in the end.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM

820 posts, read 1,209,095 times
Lol people really put up with this crap?

Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 PM

Well I guess I look at it this way...would I rather not have an interview at all? Of course not. I guess all I can say is...when I talk to the hiring manager's boss this Friday, maybe he will have some type of legitimate reason/explanation, be a real nice guy and it all works out anyway. Of course, consequently, he could be a major *****hole and I would probably opt out anyway.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 AM

Well completed the interview and was told I was moving on to the next stage. I sent HR an email about my airport information and such and 3 hours later there was no response whatsoever by COB. This is knowing that I have an offer already that I must answer by Tuesday.

Finally, it was really odd, but when I asked my interviewer what her best and least favorite part of the company is she answerd the least favorite part without hesitation "compensation is below market rate."

Who says that in an interview?!

Old 06-27-2014, 09:02 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
A person that is too honest for their own good.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 AM

216 posts, read 372,823 times
It could be that HR could not coordinate the schedule with all the people you will be interviewing with on the same day. Maybe some of them will do a phone interview with you instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search