Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM

382 posts, read 664,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
I could go to community college with financial aid, but I am nowhere near where I need to be to do that yet.
Why not?? do your research into the fields which are highly in demand. Make sure that you are not left how and dry and network earlier on in your college career. Community college is affordable -- I have been to one before so I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 3,280 times
sounds like youre a bit down in the dumps from the tedious process of job hunting darlin'
sometimes it takes a while to get your foot through the right door and when it takes even longer we simple humans tend to think that somehow the problem lays within. from what I've read about what you said it sure looks like you're trying
the tricky part is staying ever hopeful and positively believing that you are doing all the right things, you're saying all the right words and replying with all the right answers. The only only onlyyy thing thats messing with you is time, and it will mess with you even harder if you worry about how much of it you've spent looking and trying and still yet to find a good job.
If a job is what you want then a job is what you will get.
Dont sell yourself short just because of the GED nonsense, I have been through all that ten years ago and i am in customer service myself and I will tell you like I would tell my dearest friend, theses jobs don't even require 3% of the stuffs covered by the GED test, customer service is about personality and about character and all about heart. I know you must have a big sweet heart since you're on this forum thinking its some way a possibility of you doing wrong
well i must say no mama you're doing right
customer service jobs at level entry do state that GED or diploma are a want but not a need, what I am saying is that as long as you love to deal with people you will be wonderful at a job doing just that, so keep trying.
of course don't you miss another orientation because 3% or not it is a helpful little piece of paper to have that provides you with more opened doors
But until you get that completed don't you worry about a thing, you're just starting out your life and for at least ten more years you will continue to discover yourself and grow as a wonderful woman, so be patient and listen to that big heart because it knows you best and it is never in doubt of everything you're capable of.
dont let anyone intimidate you
simply be sure, be positive and be convinced that what you have been looking for is already there and waiting excitedly for you to give it all of your wonderful abilities and make it shine

Good Luck Darlin'
~Julzie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search