Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
This thread is like the Energizer Bunny in that it just keeps going and going.... with no end in sight.

I never expected it to last past the holiday LOL

Old 07-06-2013, 03:25 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,984,185 times
I am just absolutely stunned you have to complete a online application for a "dishawsher position"-image.jpg

Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
She is mad which is why she is always making reference to what I do while I'm at work. See she wanted my unemployment to run out and wanted me to be homeless with no more access to CD and the fact that it didn't happen is killing her inside.
The "Walter Mitty syndrome" has never been officially classified but is nonetheless recognized in psychiatric circles as a component of several other psychological disorders, primarily those of a delusional nature. Those affected are usually very insignificant people leading insignificant lives in insignificant jobs but escape the mundanity of their existence through their vivid imaginations. You might enjoy the 1947 movie and feel a certain familiarity while watching it.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:30 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
I should have since I was able to land a local government job making a lot more money, my own office and great benefits.
Oh you fibber! Read back on your posts to remind yourself of the truth.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:37 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,771 times
Quote:
Yeah it makes things easier for HR who already have jobs while making things harder for the unemployed

What a joke
If filling out an online application is too difficult for you, you have larger issues to deal with.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,771 times
Quote:
She is mad which is why she is always making reference to what I do while I'm at work. See she wanted my unemployment to run out and wanted me to be homeless with no more access to CD and the fact that it didn't happen is killing her inside.
... Wow.

And what... I'm mad to? Or jealous?

Lol

Old 07-06-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The "Walter Mitty syndrome" has never been officially classified but is nonetheless recognized in psychiatric circles as a component of several other psychological disorders, primarily those of a delusional nature. Those affected are usually very insignificant people leading insignificant lives in insignificant jobs but escape the mundanity of their existence through their vivid imaginations. You might enjoy the 1947 movie and feel a certain familiarity while watching it.

Enough about online applications and job what did you do for the 4th of July? Did you cookout?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 PM

265 posts, read 409,419 times
I find most of these gouverment paid employment counselors (employment counselors in general to be honest) rather useless. I've been to see my fair share during my three year attempts to climb to the top, and most of them didn't seem like they were earning their pay check.

No disrespect to you Op, but based on my experience I think those services are a waste of money. They help some people, but many of the classes and one on ones are really useless. Then again, the gouverment wastes money in far more obvious ways in larger amounts and no one seems to care.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't work anymore, my husband wanted me to stay home so I do.

I've told you twice now that people need to spend equal amounts time applying, researching, and networking. Focusing too much on one area and too little on another will hinder a job hunt. Online job applications are by far the easiest way for any HR to handle the application process. You wouldn't understand this because you don't actually hire anyone.

I don't think I'm the one doing the disservice, especially since it was my old boss (who still manages and does the actual HIRING, unlike you) who put the focus on getting an application done before we moved to anything else.

You help people look for jobs but you don't hire them. This automatically means there are things about the hiring process you do not understand. Though honestly, if you wanted too you probably could. It appears more like you're sticking your hands over your ears, closing your eyes, and going "lalalala" whenever anyone else brings up legitimate complaints about your "advice".
I think you are responding to the wrong post.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbo24 View Post
I find most of these gouverment paid employment counselors (employment counselors in general to be honest) rather useless. I've been to see my fair share during my three year attempts to climb to the top, and most of them didn't seem like they were earning their pay check.

No disrespect to you Op, but based on my experience I think those services are a waste of money. They help some people, but many of the classes and one on ones are really useless. Then again, the gouverment wastes money in far more obvious ways in larger amounts and no one seems to care.

Well I will admit this job is a lot less stressful than my previous jobs which is why someone made this statement about me two weeks ago

"He lost weight and looks more relaxed"

The environment is lot more calm, less stress, and the day flows so much better along with having a great supervisor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search