Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 PM

503 posts, read 1,169,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioqueen View Post
Um, you haven't been through the application process for Family Dollar/Dollar General yet, that assessment is something to be desired just to stock pop rocks.
I have applied to a Family Dollar, actually. I've done so many of those personality analysis tests that I can do them pretty quick. Wasted my time though, never got the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 PM

501 posts, read 797,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
And that's exactly why the Family Dollar gets robbed because they make it hard for people to get jobs
I believe people find it easy to shoplift because some of the cameras are fakes. One time I was in there and saw kids walking out of the door with things they didn't pay for, the staff saw them as well. All they told them was not to come in there anymore. smh

Old 07-04-2013, 05:23 PM

501 posts, read 797,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInTheRoad View Post
I have applied to a Family Dollar, actually. I've done so many of those personality analysis tests that I can do them pretty quick. Wasted my time though, never got the job.
Yea, I know they never call I have tried several different methods and never received a call. I am not sure what they are looking for there, but I have noticed for the most part every time you go in there is new staff and maybe one original person from the previous time. When you ask they will say they all were fired. I am not talking about going back within the same week either.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,296,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
And that's exactly why the Family Dollar gets robbed because they make it hard for people to get jobs

Really? Where do you come up with this stuff?

You have not actually had to hire someone have you?

A far majority of people that would shoplift and/or rob wouldn't or couldn't hold a job long term anyway, it has NOTHING to do with an application being to long or complicated.

We are not talking about some guy stealing a loaf of bread to feed his baby.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,596,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInTheRoad View Post
Aye I have also applied to Family dollar numerous times, never a call back and of course if you check their website, snagajob etc.. they are "still hiring". I also tried calling up to follow up on app, but no one ever picks up on their end. I will bug them again next week

Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,814,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeddude8 View Post
Aye I have also applied to Family dollar numerous times, never a call back and of course if you check their website, snagajob etc.. they are "still hiring". I also tried calling up to follow up on app, but no one ever picks up on their end. I will bug them again next week

I think you can do a lot better than Family Dollar and should look into some telemarketing positions if they are in your area because it strengthens your communication skills.

Family Dollar does nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search