Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times

Advertisements

i think this has come up before, but i just remembered one that happened to my boss.

the guy came in and said he was so sure he was going to get this job that he gave notice at his current job the day before.

he didn't get the job. poor dude.

i've told this story before, but another one of my bosses interviewed a candidate for a nursing position. her interview was kind of borderline.

after the interview, she sent a thank you card that mentioned that on her flight home, she saved a guy's life in some way (i forget how exactly). she said he told her that she was sent by god to save him, and she said that's sort of how she feels about this job, that god wants her to have it.

she didn't get the job and that wacky thank you is probably part of what tipped the scales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
Two stick out in my mind.
Once when I needed a two ton driver that required a CDL I had three people show up with out drivers licenses.
Second when I needed a receptionist/office person, I had four show up with out transportation or be able to get to work and two didn't know how to type.These were in the 1980's when I ran a ad in the paper and we had no temp services.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM

23,535 posts, read 24,029,400 times
1/ I had one candidate ask me before the interview: "you don't give drug tests, do you?" (He had a terrified look on his face.)

2/ One candidate told me: I am an expert on aaaaaa, but not bbbbbb, please don't ask any questions about bbbbbb, OK? (I almost died.)

3/ One candidate (20 minutes late), said to me: "your watch and clocks in the office are off, my time is perfect."

Old 08-09-2013, 05:04 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,583 times
We were giving the typical IQ exam to about 20 candidates at a time for well sought IT trainee positions. you got to be from a real good school or experienced already to be considered. Anyway one time, 5 mins into the exams, there was one guy who flipped out or something, he started murmuring, walked to the back of the room and sat on the floor under a table

Old 08-09-2013, 05:18 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
1. One applicant showed up an hour late and screamed at me for giving her the wrong address. She had gone to xxx Road, we were located at xxx Place.

2. A person who had applied for a job selling widgets starred the interview by telling me that widgets were stupid.

3. Woman brought her 12 year old to the interview.

4. Another woman showed up to the interview sporting a push up bra and showing a lot of cleavage. When it became apparent that she was doing poorly on the interview she started to take her shirt off in my office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search