Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 AM

161 posts, read 389,495 times

Advertisements

Do I call & try and schedule another one?

The ad I saw about a month ago, said to call the head person & gave their number. He gave me a brief phone interview and we set up an interview for a couple days later. On my way to the interview, I had a complete blood sugar melt down & had to pull over and couldn't drive...therefore, I couldn't go to my interview. I called very apologetically and said I was having a minor medical emergency (didn't say it was me), and I hoped we could re-schedule. I left this message with his secretary.

Well, I never heard from him. But today, the job was reposted. Do I call again & explain who I am and hope he schedules another interview with me?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,412,717 times
Call back and say you're the one who had the medical emergency and you are following up since he/she never called you back to see if the job is still available as you are still very much interested.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 AM

23,391 posts, read 23,808,338 times
Yes, I would call back. In fact, I would have called back a day or two after your emergency, to reschedule.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Yes, I would call back. In fact, I would have called back a day or two after your emergency, to reschedule.

At the time, I wasn't thinking clearly. I had a ton of other interviews & just chalked it up as to maybe the job wasn't meant to be. Now that I'm getting to the point of fear of unemployment and it's still avaliable, maybe it could be the job for me. I will call & see what happens!

Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM

23,391 posts, read 23,808,338 times
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlyunspoken23 View Post
At the time, I wasn't thinking clearly. I had a ton of other interviews & just chalked it up as to maybe the job wasn't meant to be. Now that I'm getting to the point of fear of unemployment and it's still avaliable, maybe it could be the job for me. I will call & see what happens!

Old 08-26-2013, 11:23 AM

I called & had to leave a voicemail. So now, who knows if he'll actually call me back. It's going to kill me to see that job opening though as I frantically continue my search.

If nothing else, I'm glad I made the effort and called though!

Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM

863 posts, read 2,986,722 times
Quote:
I called & had to leave a voicemail. So now, who knows if he'll actually call me back. It's going to kill me to see that job opening though as I frantically continue my search.

It's all you can do! Good Luck!

Old 08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,889,078 times
Quote:

If you have the person's email address try contacting that way too after business hours so that they will get it first thing in the morning

Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,562,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
If you have the person's email address try contacting that way too after business hours so that they will get it first thing in the morning
I assume you answer your emails in the order that they're received but maybe you don't realize that not everybody does. Makes not a whit of difference to me when someone sent an email or what pops up first in my inbox - I have my own selection process regarding what gets opened first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search