Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:39 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,668,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you do need to keep your future in mind.

From a cost benefit viewpoint, the benefits are medium in terms of commute and salary. The potential costs are huge, in terms of unemployment.

If this were a small employer I would never consider it. A large employer such as a base makes this possible, simply because you may have no interaction with your previous coworkers. If I were you, I would take this level of contact into account and base my final decision on his.
Very true, the only saving grace is that jobs are a dime a dozen here. "Here" however, is a relative term. There are no jobs within 65 miles that pay what I'd like to make. If I failed at my encounter, the worst that I'd probably have to do is continue the 65 mile commute somewhere else.

Being Security Cleared, getting fired can be a real negative. I've had it happen once and no one seemed to care. Twice, and maybe an eyebrow will get raised.

It is a hard thing to have to quit before you are fired. No one holds a crystal ball and having to behave like this leads to paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 05:22 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,013,580 times
I would risk it, as long as you aren't let go for misconduct you should be alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search