Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,232,614 times

Advertisements

I have a question for the more experienced job-seekers.

We are re-locating to another city, which happens to be a large one and the capital. There are multiple job openings (8-10) per month that I am qualified for - all different positions, but generally within the same offices (office administration). Things like FOIP advisor, records management, that sort of thing. Each job has slightly different requirements, but the basics are the same.

Would you submit 8-10 different resumes/applications? Or would you send in a general one that explains your ability to perform different jobs in the cover letter? It would all be sent to the same human resources department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 12:39 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Sorry, I know it's a pain, but to the extent possible each job should get a separate resume, app etc.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Sorry, I know it's a pain, but to the extent possible each job should get a separate resume, app etc.
Agreed, in fact most public agencies require that you apply for a specific job.

I recently interviewed someone that had also applied for another job in the organization. Luckily she came in as my second choice and the first accepted my offer, because she was selected for the other job and it paid more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search