Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 01:48 AM

206 posts, read 303,637 times

Advertisements

I found out something new about a job a want, on their i can see still log in to my online application.
When i logged in is says :You have already finished an app, HR will contact you when a position is open"
I already went on an initial interview, do you think the online info means they gave the position away i interviewed for ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 05:12 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,732,248 times
No, if they already selected a candidate it would say position closed.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
No, if they already selected a candidate it would say position closed.
Actually when i looked at the position on the jobs website online it says not available, but my application says hr will call when a position is open and the hr manager i interviewed with said he will call in less than 2 weeks. is it just me or do you think they wont call?

Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,561 posts, read 81,131,933 times
We always remove a job announcement after the deadline to apply. If it turns out that none of the applicants meets our needs we'll re-announce it. It's always a week or two after that before we would start interviewing. If applicants go to our site they can review their resume and confirm that we have them in the system but there is no status given. Only HR and the hiring manager can see whether the applicant is "not qualified", "interview pending", "interviewed-not selected" or "offer pending." The message you received "You have already finished an app, HR will contact you when a position is open" may just be what they display when your resume has been received, or it may mean that you were not selected but could be considered for future openings. I would not give up but would also not have false hopes. Continue to apply elsewhere and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised when they call to offer you the job.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We always remove a job announcement after the deadline to apply. If it turns out that none of the applicants meets our needs we'll re-announce it. It's always a week or two after that before we would start interviewing. If applicants go to our site they can review their resume and confirm that we have them in the system but there is no status given. Only HR and the hiring manager can see whether the applicant is "not qualified", "interview pending", "interviewed-not selected" or "offer pending." The message you received "You have already finished an app, HR will contact you when a position is open" may just be what they display when your resume has been received, or it may mean that you were not selected but could be considered for future openings. I would not give up but would also not have false hopes. Continue to apply elsewhere and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised when they call to offer you the job.
dammit, I sure do hope they give me the job but I kind of felt like they were not going to give it to me because of the HR managers body language.I get tired of looking around for jobs but I guessI have to, but if they don't pick me do you think it's mainly because of my low job experience ?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:39 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,509,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
dammit, I sure do hope they give me the job....
There's part of your problem right there. You have to EARN the job -- to WIN the job -- rather than waiting around for somebody to GIVE it to you. Now, to be quite clear, I don't mean this to be nearly as negative and judgmental as it probably sounds.

My point is is. You should go into any job interview as an applicant -- as a contestant -- and not as a supplicant. In a job interview your attitude and intent will be immediately obvious. An applicant/contestant is action-oriented, positive and proactive -- a winner. A supplicant is passive, negative and reactive -- a loser. Is this clear?

Based on what you've said, I don't think you should be concerned with what the online stuff says. That's for public consumption, and as a previously-interviewed job candidate you're sort of an insider. I WOULD suggest that you pay attention to your gut feelings about what you've been told -- just don't accept the gut feelings as the gospel.

Let us know how it goes!

-- Nighteyes

Old 01-30-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
There's part of your problem right there. You have to EARN the job -- to WIN the job -- rather than waiting around for somebody to GIVE it to you. Now, to be quite clear, I don't mean this to be nearly as negative and judgmental as it probably sounds.

My point is is. You should go into any job interview as an applicant -- as a contestant -- and not as a supplicant. In a job interview your attitude and intent will be immediately obvious. An applicant/contestant is action-oriented, positive and proactive -- a winner. A supplicant is passive, negative and reactive -- a loser. Is this clear?

Based on what you've said, I don't think you should be concerned with what the online stuff says. That's for public consumption, and as a previously-interviewed job candidate you're sort of an insider. I WOULD suggest that you pay attention to your gut feelings about what you've been told -- just don't accept the gut feelings as the gospel.

Let us know how it goes!

-- Nighteyes
YOU KNOW WHAT NIGHTEYES LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! THANKS i guess your right i need to fix my attitude and try harder and go hard at the same time be smart about it! and ill let ya know what they say

Old 01-31-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post

Let us know how it goes!

-- Nighteyes

ok so i forgot my sister turned down a job at the well known retail store i was applying at, and i remembered to ask her today. Comes to find out she said they gave her the phone interview first and the one in person just like me.
But they told her she got the job that same day and my friend said the same thing!
So i guess i feel salty lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search