Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 07:14 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times

Advertisements

I've had interviews end this way. Thoughts...

-doesn't matter anyways, as if you're working a tech or skilled job, a followup thank you email isn't going to change their mind if you demonstrated know-how, or flopped

-one interviewer called me out and said she knew I was trying to get her contact info and that wasn't necessary. She was late, put me on hold constantly, and was rude, so actually, good early riddance

-some interviewers are instructed to NOT give out their work emails as per some policy

What other reasons are there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 11:31 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,010,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I've had interviews end this way. Thoughts...

-doesn't matter anyways, as if you're working a tech or skilled job, a followup thank you email isn't going to change their mind if you demonstrated know-how, or flopped

-one interviewer called me out and said she knew I was trying to get her contact info and that wasn't necessary. She was late, put me on hold constantly, and was rude, so actually, good early riddance

-some interviewers are instructed to NOT give out their work emails as per some policy

What other reasons are there?
Sometimes they just forget or assume that you already have it from emails or whatever. Wouldn't read too much into it. On a side note, I wouldnt bother with a thank you email for a phone interview, only for face to face. As far to following up, I assume you already have the contact info for whoever set up the phone interview, and that is who you should follow up with.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:56 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
Sometimes they just forget or assume that you already have it from emails or whatever. Wouldn't read too much into it. On a side note, I wouldnt bother with a thank you email for a phone interview, only for face to face. As far to following up, I assume you already have the contact info for whoever set up the phone interview, and that is who you should follow up with.

Hmm, I probably wouldn't followup with the person directly for a phone screening, but in other cases, they're tech interviews that last from 30 to 60 minutes each. As that's often the first "true test" (most people pass phone screenings without a hitch), I'd like to make that impression, but also to (genuinely) thank the interviewer for taking time to conduct the interview. In some cases, I've been forced to ask HR or the recruiter to pass along my thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search