Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,729 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, on March 21st, I applied to a company through their website, a few hours later, a company recruiter emailed me saying he saw my resume and wanted to start the interview process with me, and gave me an online assessment - Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test (Expires 4/10). I took the test the next day on the 22nd. The email said he'd get in contact with me ASAP if I received a passing score. I've taken this test before and always passed with flying colors, it's always the same Qs and As. It's the 25th now and I haven't heard anything from him.

Should I email him and ask if I passed the test or something?

Thank you very much as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,927 times
So, you took the test Friday. It's now Monday.

Have a drink, wait a bit.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 PM

398 posts, read 746,495 times
lol why do people ask such silly questions as this?

Is there a right or wrong answer as this? If you're anxious, write to him. "Hi Recruiter, I just wanted to email you to follow up if you have received my assessment?".

Old 03-25-2014, 07:35 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post

Is there a right or wrong answer as this? If you're anxious, write to him. "Hi Recruiter, I just wanted to email you to follow up if you have received my assessment?".
Really?

After this?
//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...nthly-pay.html

Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 PM

398 posts, read 746,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Dude.
You're comparing that to questions like "should i email a recruiter back?".

Semi monthly pay is complicated!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
So, you took the test Friday. It's now Monday.

Have a drink, wait a bit.
Thank you! I actually took it on Saturday and it's Tuesday today. I thought they he would contact me as soon as Monday to move on to the next step since he made it seem like he would contact me ASAP.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM

360 posts, read 811,983 times
Are you certain that the recruiter was from a LEGITIMATE company? Did you give out any personal information when you took the test? You may have exposed yourself to ID fraud if you haven't spoken to the recruiter on the telephone and you are not certain that they are who they claim to be.

Filling out a test before an interview is always a poor idea. The company has no reason to bother giving you an in-person interview later and you have wasted time that could be better used doing something which you know will benefit YOU. A company which is interested will ask you to come in or at least offer a phone interview to you to make certain that you are a good fit for any further attention.

If I were you I would hold my breath while you are waiting to hear back from the company. Also, if you did provide personal information, you might want to check your credit report in a month or so in case this was a scam.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Thank you. I feel like every single step of job hunting is really sensitive, so I just want some thoughts on what I should do.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
Quote:
Dude.
You're comparing that to questions like "should i email a recruiter back?".

Semi monthly pay is complicated!
I remember I once had a semi-monthly paying salaried job... it paid on the 15th and 30th and I started the job on the 14th.

I was so disappointed when I didn't get a full 2 week salary for that one day! Common sense failed me!

OP,

If it will make you feel better by all means email the recruiter.... if it were me though I'd give it a few days.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwaynebandit View Post
Are you certain that the recruiter was from a LEGITIMATE company? Did you give out any personal information when you took the test? You may have exposed yourself to ID fraud if you haven't spoken to the recruiter on the telephone and you are not certain that they are who they claim to be.

Filling out a test before an interview is always a poor idea. The company has no reason to bother giving you an in-person interview later and you have wasted time that could be better used doing something which you know will benefit YOU. A company which is interested will ask you to come in or at least offer a phone interview to you to make certain that you are a good fit for any further attention.

If I were you I would hold my breath while you are waiting to hear back from the company. Also, if you did provide personal information, you might want to check your credit report in a month or so in case this was a scam.
Thank you. The recruiter emailed me through the company's domain etc, and I checked him out on Linkedln. I didn't input any personal info aside from my university's name. I also checked Glassdoor and all the applicants stated that they had to take the assessment before moving on to the next step.

Here is what the email says in regards to the assessment:
"If your score qualifies, we will contact you to schedule an initial interview as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please let me know."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search