Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,478 times

Advertisements

I have a pre-recorded webcam interview, in which I am given 20 seconds to read a given question and record myself answering the question. I was wondering if it would look weird if I glanced at the screen once in a while, as I speak? I've created a cheat sheet if you wanna call it that.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,103,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
I have a pre-recorded webcam interview, in which I am given 20 seconds to read a given question and record myself answering the question. I was wondering if it would look weird if I glanced at the screen once in a while, as I speak? I've created a cheat sheet if you wanna call it that.

Thank you.
I helped someone prep for a webcam interview a while back. Only thing I noticed that was distracting was when they looked AWAY from the camera (I.e. Looking up when thinking). Just make sure your movement is purposeful and keep it to a minimum. Looking into he camera occasionally should not be a problem. (p.s. Pay attention to where the camera is in relation to you, so that it looks natural).

Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
I helped someone prep for a webcam interview a while back. Only thing I noticed that was distracting was when they looked AWAY from the camera (I.e. Looking up when thinking). Just make sure your movement is purposeful and keep it to a minimum. Looking into he camera occasionally should not be a problem. (p.s. Pay attention to where the camera is in relation to you, so that it looks natural).
Thank you! I was planning on taping the cheat sheets on the wall, so I can look up. I usually look up when I'm trying to think of something, so would it look pretty natural? so long as I'm looking at the camera half the time.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:17 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Thank you! I was planning on taping the cheat sheets on the wall, so I can look up. I usually look up when I'm trying to think of something, so would it look pretty natural? so long as I'm looking at the camera half the time.
why wouldn't you just have them on the computer screen?

Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM

420 posts, read 768,252 times
^ You can tell when someone is reading off of the computer screen. The absolute best interview will look like you are speaking to someone, not reading something. Memorize it and recite it , like an actor would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search