Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 12:55 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

I had posted a thread on the assessment test involving abstract and concrete thinking skills. No one responded though. So I'll state it here.

Most questions in the behavior category run the abstract thinking. Its beyond ludicrous.

Example: your applying for a job in customer service. You get a call from an irate customer who has been on hold for ten minutes. Do you take their information and promise to call them back? Do pull up their file and realize that their representative is notorious for evading clients so you put them into voice mail? Do you escalate this to your supervisor? Or do you stay on the phone and give the customer everything but the kitchen sink to redeem this pesky concern?

answer 1, and you are wrong for taking on a concern that belongs to another rep
answer 2, and you are wrong for evading the customers concerns
answer 3, and you are wrong for not being able to resolve and still, the customer is irate
asnwer 4, and you are wrong for staying on the phone since the system is set up to time you on speed and resolution. You are to average 3 minutes per call in. you did not have the authority to make such exceptions.

Yup you are screwed no matter which answer you give. Luckily the test system see's that you are in a no win situation, so just exit the test and accept that unless you are armed with a crystal ball, no one can predict the "right" answer.

I may not be able to eat by not having a job, but I do sleep better each night knowing I do not want to work for any mega- company that expects you to lie on a test and then sends you spinning your wheels.

I seriously would love to sit some of these business owners down and have them take these test. I bet even they wouldn't pass!

Keep your buzz words and witty phrases, I'll keep my integrity thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 12:59 PM

759 posts, read 637,012 times
I was just hired by Amazon.com and the hiring process was pretty simple...

I apped online (no resume required) and answered their questionnaire with the answers I knew they wanted to hear.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:26 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Hey everyone, I applied for a position @ At&t and I supposedly failed the assessment. It was 90 questions and most were questions that went along the likes of...my co-workers would say that I am a very hard worker. And I was given the choices of: A. Definitely True B. Somewhat True C. I Don't Know D. Somewhat False E. Definitely False. For this question I put B. Somewhat True. I chose the most rational answers in my opinion, and this is definitely the first time I failed this type of test.

Is it true that I should treat these types of questions as a True or False, and choose only the two extremes? Ie. Definitely True and Definitely False. I was tempted to pick A. but I didn't want to sound too superficial and went with B.

Thanks everyone.
These assessment tests are designed to test your honesty. In other words, they will ask the same questions several times in different ways to test the consistency of your answers.

It has nothing to do with definitely true or any of that.

The best way to pass the test is to be honest.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
I have been I banking for 10 years when I got the job it was a written assessment and passed. Now you must do it online along with my resume that shows all of my potential,I left my other job of 10 years due to i was not happy at location. Now I'm trying to get back out there. I will get calls for interviews But after every interview, & assessment I fail. I am being very honest, I don't understand I know I qualify any suggestions on what I could be doin wrong or am I to old (37) or just dumb.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candice90210 View Post
But after every interview, & assessment I fail. I am being very honest, I don't understand I know I qualify any suggestions on what I could be doin wrong or am I to old (37) or just dumb.
The interview is most likely the culprit and not the assessment.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:19 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,250,973 times
Is this why my AT&T stock has tanked in recent years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search