Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,690,054 times

Advertisements

I had an interview on campus with a corporate recruiter and at the end of the interview she told me she will have her boss look over the resume and tell him what she thought of me for the 2nd interview. She gave me her business card and told me she will either call or email me. We exchanged hand shakes and that was the end of it. The interview in total lasted for 20 minutes out of the 30 minute allotted time. This interview occurred last Tuesday. I haven't heard from her since.

Thank you!

Last edited by Boosane; 04-20-2014 at 08:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 08:11 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,722,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
I had an interview on campus with a corporate recruiter and at the end of the interview she told me she will have her boss look over the resume and tell him what she thought of me for the 2nd interview. She gave me her business card and told me she will either call or email me. We exchanged hand shakes and that was the end of it. The interview in total lasted for 20 minutes out of the 30 minute allotted time. This interview occurred last Tuesday. I haven't heard from her since.

Thank you!
If they like you they will contact you, in the mean time just keep interviewing/applying. It's always better to have several offers to choose from, gives you leverage to negotiate a better salary. Good luck.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:20 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,690,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
If they like you they will contact you, in the mean time just keep interviewing/applying. It's always better to have several offers to choose from, gives you leverage to negotiate a better salary. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. This job searching fiasco has really taken an emotional toll on me. I can't do anything but think about the good and bad signs of the interview. I feel like I'll never get a job etc.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,722,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Thank you for your reply. This job searching fiasco has really taken an emotional toll on me. I can't do anything but think about the good and bad signs of the interview. I feel like I'll never get a job etc.
I was unemployed for a solid 2 and 1/2 months, doing nothing but living off savings and applying/interviewing. I was pretty upset at the lack of opportunities in that time frame. In hindsight I should have taken on a low wage job to keep myself busy while waiting. Sometimes it's just not your fault, but the lack of openings. Good luck, to kill the time volunteer or find a low wage job.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:44 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,493 posts, read 80,927,141 times
While it's quite normal to go over (and over and over) a recent interview in your head and wonder how you did, and think about what you might have done better, it's over and there's nothing you can do about it once you walk out the door. You can do great and lose to someone who was just a little better, or think you did poorly and still turn out to be the best and get an offer. Move on to the next, keep trying and if you do get the call be pleasantly surprised, rather than losing sleep wondering about it. Taking 20 of 30 minutes cannot tell anything, I have hired people that went way over and others that were very brief in the interviews.

Hope you get the happy call.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:48 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,676,981 times
Perhaps tomorrow u could email the lady that gave u her card. That way it'll be a solid week since the interview and perhaps re-express your interest in the job and ask if they've selected a candidate yet?

I mean, you've got nothing to lose.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:44 PM

23,475 posts, read 23,930,013 times
Always ask for "next steps" at the end of the interview. If they are vague, it's not a good sign. If they are specific (e.g. - "we will call you tomorrow") it is usually a good sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search