U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-21-2014, 07:05 PM
 
Location: The Northeast - hoping one day the Northwest!
1,107 posts, read 1,242,059 times
Reputation: 1008

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
I've had a few oppurtunities to move to Tampa in the past and was just too afraid of the move... actually had a job offer out of college to work for the Rays but it was a risky job and I was afraid to take it.

As for the Bucs logo... I could dig it.. LOL.. I'm a New York Sports guy but I've got nothing against Tampa, all great teams down there! hehe... one main thing I love.. a huge Penn State Alumni following... last time I was down there my buddy took us to a Penn State viewing party with the Tampa PSU chapter and it was wonderful.

I live in Tampa now (moved here from CT 6 years ago) New york fan as well. Whenever I see the Yankees play at the Trop, even though by the scenery it's obvious I'm not at Yankee stadium... there is still so many people cheering for the Yanks, sometimes you wouldn't know where you were.

Good luck w/ the interview!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,761 posts, read 2,568,986 times
Reputation: 4816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
I live in Tampa now (moved here from CT 6 years ago) New york fan as well. Whenever I see the Yankees play at the Trop, even though by the scenery it's obvious I'm not at Yankee stadium... there is still so many people cheering for the Yanks, sometimes you wouldn't know where you were.

Good luck w/ the interview!
I'm a Yankees guy myself so catching some spring training games would be great as well! Plus I have a 14-month old daughter so if I do get the job at Busch it's free tickets for family and we would merily be a "hop, skip, & a jump" from Orlando to expose her to Disney World when she's older. It'll be FAR CHEAPER going to Disney living down there instead of taking 5 years to save up for one of their Disney Vacations, LOL!

Thank you for the well-wishes....



At any rate... I want to get back to something that I was thinking about last night after I left work for the day (this question is for any C-Ders out there). I think it was YAZ that mentioned to be prepared to answer the question of why I want to leave my current job. I want to do my best not to sound like a negative nancy about it. The last thing I want to do is sound as if I'm blasting my current employer. Yes I'm unhappy with how things are going around here and I feel like I've "hit a wall" with nowhere else to go. Should I deflect the question by answering more along the lines of why I want the job down there? How would you guys handle that question? Any advice is great.... thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 07:08 PM
 
Location: The Northeast - hoping one day the Northwest!
1,107 posts, read 1,242,059 times
Reputation: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
I'm a Yankees guy myself so catching some spring training games would be great as well! Plus I have a 14-month old daughter so if I do get the job at Busch it's free tickets for family and we would merily be a "hop, skip, & a jump" from Orlando to expose her to Disney World when she's older. It'll be FAR CHEAPER going to Disney living down there instead of taking 5 years to save up for one of their Disney Vacations, LOL!

Thank you for the well-wishes....



At any rate... I want to get back to something that I was thinking about last night after I left work for the day (this question is for any C-Ders out there). I think it was YAZ that mentioned to be prepared to answer the question of why I want to leave my current job. I want to do my best not to sound like a negative nancy about it. The last thing I want to do is sound as if I'm blasting my current employer. Yes I'm unhappy with how things are going around here and I feel like I've "hit a wall" with nowhere else to go. Should I deflect the question by answering more along the lines of why I want the job down there? How would you guys handle that question? Any advice is great.... thanks!
You're welcome!

What about something along the lines of, "I've got all I can get out of the job, and there is no more room for growth?"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,761 posts, read 2,568,986 times
Reputation: 4816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
You're welcome!

What about something along the lines of, "I've got all I can get out of the job, and there is no more room for growth?"

That's exactly what I'm going to do... that's the best and only way to be quick about it and not to sound like I'm bashing my company.

It's true though... I've gotten all I can out of my job... there's more that can be done but nobody cares to want to show me more... and yes there's no room for growth in my current department. There's no Senior Buyer Position.....

We have 4 Buyers and a Director.... that's our purchasing department. So unless our Director retires that's the only way we could get promoted to a higher position. What's worse is that our primary company which is the Venetian out in Las Vegas... they have a dozen buyers who have a Senior title. How is that far?

So yea... I've got plenty of gripes but I'll get them all out now instead of on the phone, that'd be bad!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top