Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:31 PM

104 posts, read 342,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, that's not what I mean, and the original post is written in a confusing manner, so I may be wrong, but.....the job posting itself is confidential. The op thinks it's for his/her manager's job, his/her manager is still there, and nobody is talking about the company trying to replace or get rid of her manager. So the op isn't even positive the job listed is a job posted by his/her company. No company name is listed on the job listing. So, if the op responds by sending a resume, and it is his/her company posting the position, they will know the op is looking for a job outside the company. And most people wouldn't want their employer knowing they're looking to make a move.

My suggestion was made based on all of the unknowns.

Does that make more sense?
No, that's not what I mean, and the original post is written in a confusing manner, so I may be wrong, but.....the job posting itself is confidential. The op thinks it's for his/her manager's job, his/her manager is still there, and nobody is talking about the company trying to replace or get rid of her manager. So the op isn't even positive the job listed is a job posted by his/her company. No company name is listed on the job listing. So, if the op responds by sending a resume, and it is his/her company posting the position, they will know the op is looking for a job outside the company. And most people wouldn't want their employer knowing they're looking to make a move.

My suggestion was made based on all of the unknowns.

Does that make more sense?

This was right on -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 06:35 PM

104 posts, read 342,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Ahhhh. Yes, that makes much more sense. Thanks.

OP, do you have some strong (ish) reason for thinking this is your company posting the job? Do you know if it's at least in the same city or something? Or are you just going by the job description with no other evidence?

I assume this place doesn't have a "careers" portion on their website. I don't know, I'd probably apply if I felt qualified.
I believe its our company for the following reasons:

Same location-
Same job description & responsibilities
Same industry
Company is in existent for the same amount of time
Same computer system
Same amount of people working in the department
Same benefit package
Same probationary period

It is very hard press to believe this is not the same company -

Old 08-09-2014, 07:52 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,900,329 times
Unless you've gotten poor performance reviews or you don't meet the minimum stated qualifications, apply. Those are the only 2 scenarios I can think of where an internal candidate looks ridiculous.

Just my personal opinion but I don't view internal candidates as looking to leave. If you're chosen, great. If you're not chosen, be sure to be very receptive to feedback regarding reasons why.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbelle View Post
Unless you've gotten poor performance reviews or you don't meet the minimum stated qualifications, apply. Those are the only 2 scenarios I can think of where an internal candidate looks ridiculous.

Just my personal opinion but I don't view internal candidates as looking to leave. If you're chosen, great. If you're not chosen, be sure to be very receptive to feedback regarding reasons why.

Unless you're sending your resume into a blind/confidential ad that happens to be run by your current employer. That's the scenario.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:00 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,900,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Unless you're sending your resume into a blind/confidential ad that happens to be run by your current employer. That's the scenario.
That doesn't mean the person is looking to leave. The result is applying to a job in the same company. Very little is truly confidential in the corporate world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search