Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,078 times

Advertisements

Hi! I just need an opinion, I have considered to a job 1 week ago. after the final interview, they did not gave me an idea if I am hired or not though I gave my best shot. After 2 days, I received an email regarding the break down of my offer. They gave me exactly what I expected. I replied right after that I am accepting it. After that, No reply from them. Its been a week now. My only communication with them is email because they did not indicate any phone number.

Should I send an email to follow up or if not, how long should I wait for them to make me sign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 07:51 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
I'd follow up now. Also, try to find a phone number. I find it a bit odd that you went through the interview process and have no contact info outside of an email address.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:13 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'd follow up now. Also, try to find a phone number. I find it a bit odd that you went through the interview process and have no contact info outside of an email address.
Every single interview I've been on, I've been handed a business card by the interviewer.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 AM

406 posts, read 559,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitgirl View Post
Every single interview I've been on, I've been handed a business card by the interviewer.
I have never been given a business card or a contact number for/by the people I have interviewed with. My contact has always been with the HR person.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:39 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfed View Post
I have never been given a business card or a contact number for/by the people I have interviewed with. My contact has always been with the HR person.
What about in the actual interview? During all mine we shake hands at the end and they give me a business card.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfed View Post

Interesting. I almost always have gotten cards from each person.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
What about in the actual interview? During all mine we shake hands at the end and they give me a business card.
Nope, never. Granted, I have only gone on three interviews in the past five to six years... However, I was hired for each one. My correspondence has always been through HR, and I'm guessing there may be policy that enforces this practice.

* 1st job - 1 interview - correspondence through internal recruiter. Aerospace/defense organization, 250K employees
* 2nd job - 1 interview - correspondence through internal recruiter. Tribal government, 6K employees
* 3rd job - 2 interviews - correspondence through internal recruiter. Regional healthcare provider, 7K employees

Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Regardless of corresponding with the HR person, haven't you interviewed with the hiring manager at all before being hired? That is the person you should be getting a card from. If they don't offer it, you can ask, and if they don't have one handy, simply ask them for their contact information.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Regardless of corresponding with the HR person, haven't you interviewed with the hiring manager at all before being hired? That is the person you should be getting a card from. If they don't offer it, you can ask, and if they don't have one handy, simply ask them for their contact information.
Of course... Every time. HR sets up the interviews, the interview is typically with the hiring manager and perhaps another employee on the team. There's introductions, the interview conversation, final questions, and often a tour of the facility. I've never been offered a business card and I never have asked for one.

Also, I have never been contacted by the hiring manager to extend an offer, this is always handled by HR. I send thank you letters to the interviewers addressed to the business, but do not hear from or see the hiring manager again until my start date.

This is for experienced level IT engineering roles.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheche009 View Post
Hi! I just need an opinion, I have considered to a job 1 week ago. after the final interview, they did not gave me an idea if I am hired or not though I gave my best shot. After 2 days, I received an email regarding the break down of my offer. They gave me exactly what I expected. I replied right after that I am accepting it. After that, No reply from them. Its been a week now. My only communication with them is email because they did not indicate any phone number.

Should I send an email to follow up or if not, how long should I wait for them to make me sign?
I agree with the others who said you should send a follow-up email.

It's possible that the reason you haven't heard anything is because they're completing the paperwork. But it's been a week since you received an update, anything could have gone wrong.

Does the company have a telephone number that you look up using Google to contact them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search