Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 06:33 PM

51 posts, read 98,807 times

Advertisements

I am in the Dallas area and have been applying thru monster, careerbuilder, dice, indeed for months. I started in May, got an interview call from a corporate and got rejected this week. I am at loss on which way to go now. some say get your pmp, some say itil, some say DBA. Have had some placement and training agencies sell me their services for QA/ tester jobs as well. I am looking something mid-level or even junior to put my foot print in the job market here. I am currently working for a small consultancy that gets projects on and off and the downtime they sometimes have is killing me. I need something consistent. Also a consistent paycheck.

I am beyond frustrated as it has been over 6 months and I am still not going anywhere. I am at this point willing to take anything thrown my way Recently a hiring manager made me take 9 tests for a role he has posted. I took them and then a week long pause. Then he emails me back saying we had much more qualified people apply to the role. That has shattered whatever confidence I had left in my resume. Then this rejection came along. so frustrating.

Would some of you kind people agree to a DM to critique my resume? Also if anyone from the Dallas area has used these placement agencies to train, I am willing to hear about them as well. How much do the QA jobs pay? Is that something I should look in to. I have a bachelors in computer science by the way. I am not looking to do developer jobs. I am good at PM and analyst roles but coding is just not my forte.

Should I just ditch my experience and start something from scratch. I am drawing a huge blank and just want to work somewhere, anywhere.

sorry for the rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 09:43 PM

29 posts, read 52,081 times
I'll take a look at it. I volunteer my time as a career coach and review resumes all the time. I may not be able to give you position-related specifics, but I can clean up the structure. PM me when you have a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search