Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 11:58 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
You're looking for FT gigs in CT, now, three months before you can even move. For the right CT gig would you break the lease and move early, and just pay any early out penalties for that?

I ask because you say you've found a company that is willing to pay travel expenses to come up north. How far along is that process? Just inquired? Applied? Initial interview? But again if you get that gig before your lease is up would you move early and take a hit on the lease?

As for right now:
-- Is the PT work at home job a concrete, written offer that's on the table?

I guess whether you take that depends on how much you think it WILL HELP YOUR CONTINUED JOB SEARCH in CT -- to BE IN CT (once your lease is up). (If you're sure that job truly doesn't care where you are, and you could move it to CT in three months.)

-- you can move to CT with this PT job in three months
-- or stay with your FT job in Fla making more money in the meantime and possibly move to CT with no job.

Only you have a feel for how your search has been going and might continue to develop.
Ah this is an entirely different job.

This is a full time CET position at a communications company. As of today there remains only 73 days before I get my POD and leave. My girlfriend is here with me in Florida and should I need to leave early, I will hop a plane and come back in a few weeks to help her move. I'll rent a car up north until that time comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 09:03 PM

Update: he has offered to pay up to $400 for me to come interview him next week. I got a plane ticket ready to go!

Old 01-12-2015, 11:36 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,022,561 times
Good luck.
BTW, what's POD?
Quote:
only 73 days before I get my POD and leave.
CET: what? computer engineer technician?

Sorry, I don't know these abbreviations.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:02 AM

Certified Electronics Technician

From what I gather it's closer to the 30's in pay

Old 02-06-2015, 07:59 AM

I got the job!!!

Old 02-06-2015, 11:19 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,783,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Nice, so it looks like I may have found a company that is willing to pay my travel expenses to come up north.

$24/hr for radio communications AND it's only 10 miles from the town I'm moving to. Hopefully I'll get this one :-)
This certainly sounds like a better opportunity, most work at home jobs are scams, or very low paying. I do know people making 100k a year working from home, but these are upper level IT jobs for people that worked the 9 to 5 gig in there company for years, not at the $13 an hour no experience level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search