Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,167 times

Advertisements

I am 16 and I applied to a movie theater and last week I came in again to check up on my application. The hiring manager gave me another application to fill out but I realized that he didn't know I filled one out already. I ended up filling it up right inside the theater and gave it to him but I didn't fully fill it out and he said it was okay.

He said he will check the other info on my other application but in my other application I didn't put volunteer work. ( application from summer and it wasn't fully updated)

By the way this is my second time filling out a application. I filled one out in the summer and he remembered me when I came back again asking about the job. Should I go in again and tell him I actually filled one out already and it's more updated and better.

I've seen how the hiring managers are and they don't look at the names so if he sees my actual updated application he won't know it's me so I want to go tell him.Will I appear more as somebody who cares? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 PM

254 posts, read 458,680 times
He doesn't really need the application. The information on it is probably not very important if he likes you.

I'd not ask him about the application or such, but follow up once a week or so and just ask if they have any openings and/or if they have come to a decision.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Its a part time job at a movie theater, not rocket science. He knows who you are and will either hire you or somebody else. I would just let it be.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:49 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,288,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Its a part time job at a movie theater, not rocket science. He knows who you are and will either hire you or somebody else. I would just let it be.
When you are 16 years of age, this is rocket science. A young person that is conscientious and wants to do well should be commended, not mocked for being concerned about it.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Do any of your friends work there? Ask one of them to put in a good word with the manager.

Where else do your friends work? Go apply at those place.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Urthcaffe, don't go back to discuss the applications, but I do think it's okay to stop in once a month to ask if they plan on hiring soon. I would add, "Is it okay if I come back in about a month to see if you're hiring at that time? I really want a job here."

If they say something like, "no need to do that", then don't. But if you appear interested enough to stop in once a month (more than that they might view as pesty), and eager to work, it might be in your favor to do that.

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,167 times
He told me that they already have hired 8 people when I came in last week. He said he's going to see how busy it gets as the week goes by so I just wanted to stop by and tell him about my application also. They are still hiring right now since it's also super busy during this month. I don't want him to view the application I filled out inside the theater. I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow and after that if no call then going to check out other places.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
All you can do is ask the Manager if you can see both applications so you can discard the incomplete one.

But your best bet is to move on and apply to other places at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search