Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 10:16 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
You asked a question completely irrelevant to my thread. If you were interviewing me, I would ask why don't you ask the important questions. Compared to my entire post, the detail you picked out was equivalent to asking what I think about the weather today. Confidence is important, and we did not have the same upbringing. Some of us were forced to age faster. Mod cut.
He did ask the important question; it wasn't irrelevant at all, and you proved his point by your attitude.

Bottom line, they weeded you out. You can lie all you want on the personality test, but your combativeness comes out just in the way you post here, so it's probably going to come across in your talking with the interviewers.

Work on your attitude, then tell the truth on the personality test.

Last edited by convextech; 12-30-2014 at 10:27 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
You say that now, but earlier on you were telling people who disagreed with you to "get off my thread". You clearly do have a bit of an entitled attitude; you don't handle rejection well and you are vengeful toward a company for not hiring you. You even said you wouldn't have accepted an offer from this company anyway, yet you continue to rant about how inadequate their hiring practices are. They've moved on; shouldn't you?
Bingo

Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 AM

23,536 posts, read 24,029,400 times
I agree. Angry and bitter in an interview will only get you one outcome: not being hired. Move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
You sound angry and bitter. If you are going into interviews thinking "oh no, not another HR clown", then no wonder you are not getting hired. People can psychically sense an attitude, don't ask me how but it's true!

Old 12-30-2014, 10:30 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
The point is that OP was not "treated like absolute garbage".

OP did not like the fact that there were 4 interviews, a psych test, and a generic rejection email. None of that is being treated like garbage. Impersonal, sure. But nothing more.

The stingy expense reimbursement and allegedly low pay is not really related to the recruiting process. Nobody forced him to work for this company or accept these wages. It was described and rejected. No mistreatment exists.

In this case the hiring process worked perfectly. The company dodged a bullet by rejecting an immature whiner. The OP dodged a bullet by avoiding a company that would not pay him what he wanted. All is good in this scenario.

I do agree with the OP on one point. Reimbursing for only 50 miles when a typical day will require more is not acceptable. The job offer should have been rejected on this one point alone.
Sure he was treated like garbage. There is absolutely no reason to bring someone back for FOUR interviews. It's ridiculous, ineffective, a waste of time, a waste of resources, and totally uncalled for.

To not hire him after four interviews is even worse. Again, as a hiring manager I knew within 10 minutes whether I wanted to hire someone or not.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:44 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
He did ask the important question; it wasn't irrelevant at all, and you proved his point by your attitude.

Bottom line, they weeded you out. You can lie all you want on the personality test, but your combativeness comes out just in the way you post here, so it's probably going to come across in your talking with the interviewers.

Work on your attitude, then tell the truth on the personality test.
Telling the truth on a personality test guarantees you won't get an interview.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:46 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Sure he was treated like garbage. There is absolutely no reason to bring someone back for FOUR interviews. It's ridiculous, ineffective, a waste of time, a waste of resources, and totally uncalled for.

To not hire him after four interviews is even worse. Again, as a hiring manager I knew within 10 minutes whether I wanted to hire someone or not.
Its true but the posters rebutting this will never admit it.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:47 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post

When it is your business, you can decide what the hiring process is.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
When it is your business, you can decide what the hiring process is.
Red herring.
The issue at question is whether or not he was treated like garbage. The issue at question was NOT who owns the business.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Its true but the posters rebutting this will never admit it.
Actually, I think it's the ones that agree with the OP that have trouble getting and/or keeping jobs because of this attitude.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Actually, I think it's the ones that agree with the OP that have trouble getting and/or keeping jobs because of this attitude.
Puh-leaze.

What attitude? That they don't want to be mistreated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search