Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 02:11 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,796 times

Advertisements

Hi fellow city-data peeps,

So I got offered a $15 an hr plus $250 per recruit (commission) and 45 hrs a week in the East Bay. Then I saw the cost of living was $800-$900 for one room and since I don't know anyone up there I could live I decided it really wasn't the right area for me.

Some one much older than me and wiser than me you should for where you want to work first because then you'd be willing to do anything to keep and get that job, where as if you take a job for a job, then you can't always rely on the job to make you happy.

I haven't gotten any offers in the LA area yet, but I recently got offered a second interview again in the Bay Area (this time south Bay), and the pay was a little bit, but still wasn't where I want to live and it is still a long drive for an interview for a job I'm not 100% for.

My feelings are there is job out there for me in So Cal or Nor Cal with the thousands of companies in each metro. I just to have to find the right ones. The one job offer and second interview I found through my college's job website. Unfortunately, there aren't many entry level job postings in So Cal through my college site, so that leaves me to find a job in the area I want on my own.

I feel I am making the right choice though and I am looking here for some assurance on that. Location and being able to afford the cost of living and liking what I do are the three things I am looking for in a job. Right now I am looking in the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County for work. I had one interview in Ventura County, but no offers or second interviews even.

I have friends and an aunt I'm close with So Cal, so I wouldn't feel alone. I also lived in So Cal before, so it's more familar terroritory. It's also not as far to where my parents live. It made alot more sense for me.

Anyways thoughts?

Thanks,

the city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search