Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:06 PM

12 posts, read 31,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Most of the things we panic about never happen.

The school transferring your credit - do you have an email from them saying they have now sent in the transcript showing your credit hours of X? All you would need to do is take that email and your current transcript to show the hiring manager you're on board to get your degree as soon as it goes through the system. Tell them you can't get a letter from your university until that process is done.

They'll understand. These things happen more than you think.

I have confirmation from the University that the transcripts were sent and I have a copy of the e-mail from my advisor saying she would send them a letter of completion if it causes a problem with this employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 02:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fms24 View Post
I have confirmation from the University that the transcripts were sent and I have a copy of the e-mail from my advisor saying she would send them a letter of completion if it causes a problem with this employer.
Good enough. No reason to worry.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:18 PM

15 posts, read 13,237 times
You shouldn't worry about it too much. If the company likes you, they will most likely keep you on. Even if you have to take another class, you could do it online or at night.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the encouragement

Old 01-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Still going through the background checks... it was kind of a pain because I had to find w2s for recent employers because they weren't returning the calls of the company to confirm my employment. The email they sent asking for the documentation said once they received it they would be able to successfully close my file, and I got everything set up with that today. Not sure if that's just with the employment verification side of it or what. But I am a little more at ease since this has taken longer than I expected as the transcripts I had sent to my university should be there any day now if not already. I will update once its all finished because I know one or two of you have posted in here more than once and that helped me relax in the beginning.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
NOTHING to worry about--you legitimately expected the transfer to go through and your graduation to be valid. red tape prevented that, but it will happen eventually and not affect your performance in the new job.

You didn't lie, and you don't have to delay your start date, so there is nothing to worry about, just be honest with them.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:53 AM

694 posts, read 1,203,450 times
I do hope that it goes well for you, however, a friend of mine was in a similar situation. He received an offer from a well-known financial services company where he interned over a summer and they all loved him. Then, he had an issue with one of the classes which he had to re-take during the summer, and therefore, his formal graduation date was moved from May to September, I believe. The company for some reason, got really up tight about it, and pulled the offer. He did find a comparable job very soon and made out very well for himself. The situation was a lot more questionable than yours though because unlike the class you have received credit for which did not get transferred due to an administrative error, this guy did not receive credit for the class he had problem with which basically screwed everything up. I hope the company is understanding and working with you on it, do let us know how it works out.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysladkaya View Post
I do hope that it goes well for you, however, a friend of mine was in a similar situation. He received an offer from a well-known financial services company where he interned over a summer and they all loved him. Then, he had an issue with one of the classes which he had to re-take during the summer, and therefore, his formal graduation date was moved from May to September, I believe. The company for some reason, got really up tight about it, and pulled the offer. He did find a comparable job very soon and made out very well for himself. The situation was a lot more questionable than yours though because unlike the class you have received credit for which did not get transferred due to an administrative error, this guy did not receive credit for the class he had problem with which basically screwed everything up. I hope the company is understanding and working with you on it, do let us know how it works out.

Yes I don't have to take any more classes so I wouldn't have to delay them for a few months for that process. I took a couple classes over the summer and for some reason this particular class didn't transfer in. Not sure if I forgot to put the request in myself or what happened with it. As mentioned before my University has offered to submit a letter of completion for my degree to the company should it cause any issues. The transfer might already be in. My advisor told me to check back with her next week.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:07 AM

32 posts, read 31,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Most of the things we panic about never happen.

The school transferring your credit - do you have an email from them saying they have now sent in the transcript showing your credit hours of X? All you would need to do is take that email and your current transcript to show the hiring manager you're on board to get your degree as soon as it goes through the system. Tell them you can't get a letter from your university until that process is done.

They'll understand. These things happen more than you think.
yeah, as long as you have some kind of paper trail showing them that this incident isn't something you made up, it should be fine. university emails are hard to forge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search