Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 01:48 PM

32 posts, read 65,064 times

Advertisements

I interviewed for a rather big company last month. It was an on-site interview consisting of four 30 minute interviews with supervisors and potential co-workers. The interview questions were mainly behavorial type questions. Even though I practiced for the interview, I was still nervous and did not answer some of my answers clearly. I know this company is expanding. They have multiple openings for the position every few months or so. I'm wondering if I should wait a few months and then reapply? Would hiring managers/supervisors give second chances for candidates that were nervous and may have flubbed the answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 02:59 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bea555 View Post
I interviewed for a rather big company last month. It was an on-site interview consisting of four 30 minute interviews with supervisors and potential co-workers. The interview questions were mainly behavorial type questions. Even though I practiced for the interview, I was still nervous and did not answer some of my answers clearly. I know this company is expanding. They have multiple openings for the position every few months or so. I'm wondering if I should wait a few months and then reapply? Would hiring managers/supervisors give second chances for candidates that were nervous and may have flubbed the answers?
Never hurts to apply, ever.

But in my opinion, and in my cases, once you are overlooked at any stage of the job application process, you are one and done.

I've reapplied to the same company years apart, and get the same usual "thank you but we are going with other candidate" response. I'm sure they see my resume again and think, not this guy again, as they delete my application/resume into the trash box.

So if an interview does not go well, I no longer apply for that company again, unless maybe it was a long time ago and different people are in charge.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Yes, they do. You might even have a different group of interviewers next time.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:08 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Definitely go for it. You'll never know unless you try.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:03 PM

34 posts, read 19,610 times
The last job I had, I applied four or five times before I got called in for an interview. Just remember there are many reasons you may have been rejected after the last interview, perhaps someone was just more qualified than you in that pool of applicants. I'd say give it another shot, can't hurt! Oh and by the way, once I finally got an interview, I was sure I bombed it, but turns out about a month later I was offered a position. This was with a State ran call center who had multiple openings over a span of time. Never give up!

Old 01-25-2015, 11:50 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
I was laid off last summer, and started a new job four months ago. When I first found out I was being laid off (I was given six weeks notice) I applied at the company I now work for. I ended up getting an interview for three different positions...two I knew I probably wasn't qualified for and didn't want, and one that I was more qualified for. I didn't end up getting any of the positions, but one of the managers I interviewed with called me to let me know and to encourage me to keep applying. Two months later, I saw another position so I applied. My application was rejected right away. About a month after that, there was another open position so I applied but didn't expect to hear from them.

After a short time, they called me to set up an interview, and one of the people I was to interview with was the manager who had interviewed/called me with a rejection months before. This time I got the job, and the position is one that I enjoy and that suits me much more than any of the other positions I didn't get.

It never hurts to keep applying. The worst that can happen is you don't get an interview, which will definitely happen if you don't apply.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
I applied to a job again after being rejected since the interview was in May and the second time it was reposted was November. Plus I was not interviewed by the same people the second time around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search