Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:36 PM

191 posts, read 485,782 times

Advertisements

How do you stay positive with constant rejection after dozens of interviews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 07:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Knowing that I'm getting that much closer to a yes.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:12 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times
It's very difficult. There were times I just took a break from looking and that helped.

Finally I realized that a part-time job was at least a ''foot in the door'' and that's how I finally got something.

Unfortunately I've been working part-time now for going into my 6th year! Lol

Not that I haven't been to full-time job interviews, because I have.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Also, it sounds silly, but do something physical every day. Take a walk, go work out, something. You'd be surprised how that can clear the head.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:28 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,478 times
I've become desensitized from any rejections I receive from a job application for the most part.

When I receive a rejection for an job that I had interviewed in-person, I become seriously distressed for a week or so.

But I tell myself what other choice do I have but to move forward?

Old 01-23-2015, 10:27 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,058,369 times
I'm currently employed and have been seriously looking for a new job about about 8 months. I'm looking for very specific jobs and when they come up and when I've gone on some interviews, and got my hopes up, it's devastating.

BUT, I recover and keep going. I can't give up, I HAVE to keep looking and keep my spirits high. Only I can get that new job for me.

I found this online today and hopefully this will cheer up the OP and others in the same boat:

Attitude is everything. New Day, New Strength, New thoughts!

Just try hard to stay positive and KNOW that the right job will come to you.

Good luck... to both of us.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:44 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsons211 View Post
How do you stay positive with constant rejection after dozens of interviews?

Telling myself..........."They could hire one person for the job so no need to take it personal" And then saying to myself........"it's only a matter of time that I will be working soon"

Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,263 times
It's hard. I'm looking for a job now and if I get one more "over-educated, over-qualified" response, I think I'm going to go postal. The worst part is when you think you nailed an interview, but you still get passed over.

The only thing you can do is keep plugging away and try to stay positive. Maybe try new strategies if what you're currently doing isn't working.

I agree with the advice about getting outdoors and exercising. It's a great way to relieve stress and clear your head.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
It's hard. I'm looking for a job now and if I get one more "over-educated, over-qualified" response, I think I'm going to go postal. The worst part is when you think you nailed an interview, but you still get passed over.

The only thing you can do is keep plugging away and try to stay positive. Maybe try new strategies if what you're currently doing isn't working.

I agree with the advice about getting outdoors and exercising. It's a great way to relieve stress and clear your head.

One thing you can never do is get upset during job search because it's too easy. Even if you think you nailed a interview and didn't get the job, as long as you are pleased with the way you communicated during the interview is all that matters. And that's because you can take that momentum into the next interview and do the same thing.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:11 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post

Don't worry about it. Over educated and over qualified are excuses used by some hr/hm to cover their ignorance and laziness. Inevitably when you see or hear these words it means they actually hired an inferior and wholly unqualified candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search