Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:02 PM

14 posts, read 39,265 times

Advertisements

I am currently employed, but I am looking for a different job because of family reasons. I had a face to face interview at a company that I am interested to work for last Monday (3/16). I feel the interview went well, and the HR recruiter gave me a company benefits sheet and explained to me about the great things that they offer. Before I left the place, she also asked me if I am interviewing with other companies at the same time and we also talked about the salary. Everything went well.

Last Thursday morning (3/19), I sent a follow up email with the HR recruiter to see if I am still in the running. She responded my email within couple minutes and said that they are still waiting to hear back a few details for this position, and told me that I have been wonderful during this entire process, and she would let me know as soon as they made the final decision. She also provided an exact time frame saying it should be by the end of the business day today (3/19). However, I heard nothing on Thursday and I thought that was reasonable and maybe I would get a call on Friday.

So I did get the call on Friday afternoon (3/20/) from the HR recruiter. And this time, she said they are still making the final decision and should know the result by next Tuesday.

It is now Monday, and I hoping that I do get the call tomorrow with some good news.

Based on the information provided above, do you guys think I am already out of the game? What are my chances of getting the job offer? None of my references have been checked yet.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Bluesky1854; 03-23-2015 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 02:06 PM

I went to the company's website today and noticed that the job posting for which that I interviewed for has been taken down. Not sure if that is a good sign or not.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:37 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
I'm sure they would not have called you on Friday if you were not still in the running. Sometimes job postings are removed once the employer is no longer accepting resumes. My guess is that it is down to you and one or more other candidates and the decision-maker(s) are finalizing their decision and/or HR is finalizing an offer. That was a very fast process, so either wya you are fortunate not to be strung along for weeks on end. Good luck!

Old 03-23-2015, 03:44 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Only time will tell, only time.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I'm sure they would not have called you on Friday if you were not still in the running. Sometimes job postings are removed once the employer is no longer accepting resumes. My guess is that it is down to you and one or more other candidates and the decision-maker(s) are finalizing their decision and/or HR is finalizing an offer. That was a very fast process, so either wya you are fortunate not to be strung along for weeks on end. Good luck!
Thank you for your input. I guess I will just wait and see. Really hope I get this one.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Only time will tell, only time.

You are right. I will just wait and see..

Old 03-23-2015, 06:52 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,193 times
I honestly hate how some companies run you around sometimes. My husband interviewed not long ago for a job, she acted as if it was his and said she would call in 2 days. Nothing. He called and she was still deciding, said she would let him know by the weekend. Still no call! Its frustrating just waiting and wondering.

Yea it could go either way.. a lot of times they act like the jobs yours in the interview and then never call. Rather them be upfont and honest. I do hope you get it!

Old 03-23-2015, 07:35 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
id say depending on how many people applied around 30 percent, which isn't bad.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:57 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,575,584 times
Give it about two weeks, and you should hear something back. I am sure you got this one. Don't sweat about it. It is what it is. If the job was meant for you, it will be yours no matter what happen.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:03 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Good luck OP - I find that this process always takes way longer than you think it will, and it is very likely the recruiter just hasn't heard back from the decision makers yet. Fingers crossed you get a happy call soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search