Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 PM

42 posts, read 45,951 times

Advertisements

My husband was recently laid off, and although he was given a nice severance package, its been a month and I'm starting to freak out!

I've been helping my husband with his resume and let me tell you... IT's BEEN A LONG TIME!!! In the last 10 years I've gone back to school and been teaching, so I haven't written a resume in at least that long! Not only do I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, but I don't understand why he's having trouble finding a job if he has 12 years of steady and consistent Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience. Because writing/revisiting/revising the resume has been so stressful, I haven't bothered writing a cover letter.

Basically, I'm going online and attaching his resume to anything I see is a fit, but no cover letter... I would love someone who's in pharmaceutical manufacturing to look at his resume and help with this too...!! Please... We want to move to the Raleigh area, so this lay off is either a blessing in disguise, or its going to hinder it! HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 01:55 AM

856 posts, read 1,051,896 times
Exclamation Pharm Mfng Resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCityLife View Post
My husband was recently laid off, and although he was given a nice severance package, its been a month and I'm starting to freak out!

I've been helping my husband with his resume

...I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, but I don't understand why he's having trouble finding a job if he has 12 years of steady and consistent Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience. Because writing/revisiting/revising the resume has been so stressful, I haven't bothered writing a cover letter.

...but no cover letter... I would love someone who's in pharmaceutical manufacturing to look at his resume and help with this too...!!

HELP!
Hi, Miss.

I have thirty years of recruitment experience plus six years of manufacturing management in the manufacturing of medical diagnostics.

I recruit for the Pharm companies.

Anyway, using the PM system here, send me his resume without his personal information on it.

Leave everything else so I can see what you have been sending.

Many will tell you Hiring Authorities give no thought or read of Cover Letters but that does not address those who do. Plus, an effective Cover Letter is a pre-close and can be used to gain the attention of the Resume Reader so they are motivated to read the resume.

Based on what I see, I will know right away if you are missing the mark or just having a run of bad luck.

I can probably also suggest specific companies you ought to look at, based on what companies he's been working for.

No charge, etc. just am willing to help.

Also, based on what I see, I can make recommendations on how to improve his resume if I see you are missing key ingredients.

Basically, I would probably end up sending you some actual resumes that are classically well-written so you can get a feel on how his should be designed.

So.....

Paul.......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search