Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 07:58 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,357,689 times

Advertisements

I had an interview with 2 different hiring managers and the HR girl. The first one ended a half hour early, so I don't think he will recommend me. The second hiring manager it went well I think. The 3rd was with HR and went well, but I don't think their input matters much. So what happens if 1 out of two or 2 out of 3 likes you but not the other? There are about 8 different managers I could work for, but only 2 interviewed me and then decide before assigning me to a manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 09:45 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
They'll talk amongst themselves and decide.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:53 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Why does ending early mean it went bad? And why is there a time limit? The ones i had normally went until i had my questions answered and i satisfied theirs. Be it one or three hours, a good interview is how well both parties feel about each other went parting.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:48 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Why does ending early mean it went bad? And why is there a time limit? The ones i had normally went until i had my questions answered and i satisfied theirs. Be it one or three hours, a good interview is how well both parties feel about each other went parting.
Agreed.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
There was an interview schedule because there were 3 back to back interviews.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:22 PM

126 posts, read 206,454 times
jman, I totally understand your concern about the interview ending early. And that has happened to me not too long ago . The interview was supposed to last for an hour and it ended up being 12 minutes. I did NOT get the job. It was a total waste of time (ive posted it on this forum).

Up until you hear from a call back, all you can do is wait and play the guessing game. Maybe the interview ended early because the interviewer was having a bad day or he had to go to the bathroom (bad case of IBS, perhaps?) Try not to take that personally. I know, easier said than done.

Please let us know the status.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcitygirl84 View Post
jman, I totally understand your concern about the interview ending early. And that has happened to me not too long ago . The interview was supposed to last for an hour and it ended up being 12 minutes. I did NOT get the job. It was a total waste of time (ive posted it on this forum).

Up until you hear from a call back, all you can do is wait and play the guessing game. Maybe the interview ended early because the interviewer was having a bad day or he had to go to the bathroom (bad case of IBS, perhaps?) Try not to take that personally. I know, easier said than done.

Please let us know the status.
12 min is short. Mine was scheduled for 60 and was 30 (interview 1). I got the impression that he wasn't excited to be interviewing from the second I met him, but that might be just because he didn't see a connection the second he met me! Who knows.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:46 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
I was interviewing somebody and instead of 60 minutes I made it 40. And I recommended the guy later to my Director.
The reason for the 40 minutes was that I needed to prepare myself for an urgent meeting, not because of his bad answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search