Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 02:42 AM

110 posts, read 123,724 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I received an email from stating my resume had been reviewed and to setup a yahoo messenger Interview with head of operations,Aaron Hainley from AllianceHealth.I honestly apply to so many jobs on a daily basis I sometimes dont recall who Iapplied to.The job offer was good but I told Mr. Hainley I would need time.Upon researching,it seems that this company is a scam wanting people's information to wipe out thier bank account. I did find it strange when he asked what bank account do I bank with during the interview...Has anyone heard if Alliancehealth is a scam?Anyone familiar with that type of email?Your advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=alliance+health

He may have asked about the bank because they might do Direct Deposit and not all companies are set up with all banks for that.
I have no idea because I have never heard of the company but it is a possibility.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:47 AM

110 posts, read 123,724 times
The following is what the email says:

Dear Applicant,

Your resume has been reviewed and forwarded to the Head of Operation and you have been considered and scheduled for an online interview to discuss more about the job position that you are to occupy.

You are required to set up a yahoo messenger account or download a Yahoo IM (http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/) on your desktop if you don't have one. After this process you are to add Mr Aaron Hainley on his Yahoo IM, email is (aaronhainley@yahoo.com) to your yahoo buddy list ASAP for the job briefing and comprehensive details. He is online waiting to talk to you ASAP.

Venue: On line Via Yahoo Messenger
Training is Available
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Human Resources
Best Regards.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:45 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,983 times
Scam. They use real company names to lure you in. Yahoo messenger is a red flag.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:02 PM

110 posts, read 123,481 times
All you have to do is go to the AllianceHealth website. If you check out their career page, you can see that all openings provide a contact email for a Brad Peterson with an email address including @alliancehealth.com. Any company (other than Yahoo) that uses a Yahoo account to contact prospective employees is on a pfishing expedition and it is definitely a scam!!

Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,606,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnitegracie View Post
All you have to do is go to the AllianceHealth website. If you check out their career page, you can see that all openings provide a contact email for a Brad Peterson with an email address including @alliancehealth.com. Any company (other than Yahoo) that uses a Yahoo account to contact prospective employees is on a pfishing expedition and it is definitely a scam!!
Bingo-had this to with a company called "Fidelity Investments"- sounds an awful lot like the real Fidelity. And of course it was the same "You are automatically hired just contact us on Yahoo Messenger". Yes, of all the yes in the world it is a scam.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:56 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,707,073 times
SCAM! Same scams just with different twists. These scams have been going on for years. They may seem somewhat 'innocent' at first but they eventually get people to slip up somewhere and provide information they shouldn't.

Too much to post here to give you all the different scenarios and ways that they can possibly scam you but the link below will give you some good examples and situations for you to read up on regarding this type of scam. Some of these posters were even actually eventuallty scammed out of money or had their bank accounts wiped out:
Job Hoax - Job Interviews - Page 4 | Indeed.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search