Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 PM

126 posts, read 206,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If you are even remotely considering taking any legal action against this company, you definitely want to consult a lawyer before contacting them any further. Otherwise you might risk nullifying your case somehow. Better safe than sorry.
I don't think Ill be taking any type of legal action. I'll just let it go and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
That is awful. Don't bother sending a letter to the president. If he cared at all, things would be different. The president has chosen to look the other way and has chosen to allow these types of things to occur.

At least you can leave this company off your resume because it's only been a few days.

And next job, don't say much small talk for the first several weeks other than very very basic things that cannot be turned around. Not that anything you said here made a difference. But you need to get the feel for the political pecking order before you say much these days.
You're right. If the President gave a damn, things would have been different and there would not be such a high turnover rate. Lesson learned- dont even make small talk with people and be very weary of surroundings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
sucks but move on
I know that people get laid off all the time, but this was just wrong! Marketing Manager was against me from the start , I wasn't able to defend myself, and I was there for only a short time. Yes, I will move on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 09:51 PM

13,130 posts, read 20,951,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcitygirl84 View Post
I found my computer on (when I logged off the previous day), and facebook, Nordstrom and Pinterest web pages was open. I NEVER went on any of those sites and on facebook, my name (not an email and no password) was typed in the login but no password. I got suspicious. The Marketing Manager was the only person that was in the building so I assume it was him that was on my computer but never asked. I just closed the web browser and pretend nothing happened.
That's when you messed up. If you knew there was a company policy against using company computers for personal reasons, and you knew you did not use the computer, and you knew you logged off when you left and you SAW YOU NAME on the screen; did not the hairs on the back of you neck stand up? All the signs were wrong and yet to decided to PRETEND nothing happened?

They may have been framed but you got yourself fired.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 PM

You can argue it was my fault and whatnot, but the fact of the matter is, no matter what, the Marketing Manager was against me. If it wasnt one thing, it was another thing. Heck, people were twisting my words around when I mentioned, for example, the place being quiet. It was a comment.

Not sure if you read the rest of what I wrote but I suggest you reading my whole post before typing.

Have a good night!

Old 06-26-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
You can argue it was my fault and whatnot, but the fact of the matter is, no matter what, the Marketing Manager was against me. If it wasnt one thing, it was another thing. Heck, people were twisting my words around when I mentioned, for example, the place being quiet. It was a comment.

Not sure if you read the rest of what I wrote but I suggest you reading my whole post before typing.

Have a good night!
I did read it, all of it, but I did it without the poor me drama act.

The tipping point was them using your computer and cell phone usage, yet because you decided on your own to pretend nothing happened, you had nothing to counter their position against you. Sure you may still have been dumped but you didn't have to let it be so easy. Can you just "pretend" the termination didn't happen?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
I did read it, all of it, but I did it without the poor me drama act.

The tipping point was them using your computer and cell phone usage, yet because you decided on your own to pretend nothing happened, you had nothing to counter their position against you. Sure you may still have been dumped but you didn't have to let it be so easy. Can you just "pretend" the termination didn't happen?
wow, you're very annoying. Man, oh man. I'll pretend like I've never read your post.
Talk to the hand

Old 06-27-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
wow, you're very annoying. Man, oh man. I'll pretend like I've never read your post.
Talk to the hand
and that is the exact same attitude and behavior that got you UNEMPLOYED! How's it working out for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search