Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 12:17 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times

Advertisements

YEAH Toaster! Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 12:20 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,478 times
I interviewed for a job earlier this month. I met with 2 individuals, and I was told that I had a strong resume. They told me that I was the 1st person to interview with them. They stated that they had 4 other candidates to interview. This was in early September around the 4th. I didn't hear back from them ever since, so I simply assumed I didn't get the job. Today, 3 weeks after the interview, I gave the corporate recruiter a call for some closure.

She stated the following: "Hi Brandon, they still haven't decided on a candidate. They're actually looking to fill 2 positions. I think I'll have a decision for you on Monday."

On one hand, I'm sorta happy that she didn't say I was rejected, but at the same time, it seems like she's keeping me as insurance just in case their new hire doesn't work out. It's been 3 weeks, so I'm assuming I didn't get the job because 3 weeks without 1 single update call is pretty excessive right?

Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,222 times
I am still waiting! Got a call from the recruiter today. She thinks the fit is there. She has a call with the team at the company this afternoon and will push for an offer for me! Sooooo, looks like I will know today!

Old 09-29-2015, 06:30 PM

I'm still waiting for my ''big'' offer. In the meantime I accepted a minimum wage job part-time to help pay the bills. I cannot afford to wait indefinitely for something that may not happen. I'll take what I can get for now.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 PM

551 posts, read 582,708 times
Sheesh that sucks guys. Boosane three weeks is ridiculous to wait (and did they call you with that decision? I will be shocked if so). I guess that's the norm though...from their prospective, these big companies will never want for desirable, qualified applicants, so they can treat us however they see fit. How special for them.

Katestar I do hope you got good news

Feelinlow. .I'm with ya buddy. I feel my hope has reached an all time low. This last rejection kicked me extra hard in the gut. Maybe it's keeping me humble. It could always be worse..

Old 09-30-2015, 10:23 AM

Well, guys, I sent them an email this morning because I need to know one way or the other. It's been 2 weeks now. So I simply asked them where they were in the hiring process and am I still in consideration. That's it.

Meanwhile, I start a part-time, minimum wage retail job near home because we need the income and there certainly are no "guarantees" in this professional application process.

If this doesn't pan out I am seriously considering starting up a home-based biz of my own to supplement my retail gig. I am SO TIRED of going through these hoops again and again and getting nowhere.

I will retire at age 62 in 1.5 years if that's what it takes to have a life again.

I will keep you guys posted!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
I am still waiting! Got a call from the recruiter today. She thinks the fit is there. She has a call with the team at the company this afternoon and will push for an offer for me! Sooooo, looks like I will know today!
I hope this works out for you! Let us know!

Old 09-30-2015, 03:16 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster2k15 View Post
Guys, I got the offer!!!! OMG I am so happy! Goodluck to those who are waiting on a decision.

And nostoneunturned, i am still with ya.
Congrats!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:45 PM

I sent an inquiry email this morning with no response by end of business day. I'm not optimistic, I must say. Just trying now to emotionally detach here.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:36 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Sheesh that sucks guys. Boosane three weeks is ridiculous to wait (and did they call you with that decision? I will be shocked if so). I guess that's the norm though...from their prospective, these big companies will never want for desirable, qualified applicants, so they can treat us however they see fit. How special for them.

Katestar I do hope you got good news

Feelinlow. .I'm with ya buddy. I feel my hope has reached an all time low. This last rejection kicked me extra hard in the gut. Maybe it's keeping me humble. It could always be worse..
The recruiter told me he would let me know on Monday. It's Thursday morning, so I guess he forgot or something . I'm moving on, because that's pretty low if you ask me. I was rejected weeks ago in my opinion, and I was strung along for way too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search