Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 04:01 PM

31 posts, read 64,230 times

Advertisements

I was given a job offer pending the background check results. It's been 3 business days. I have a DUI and a driving with suspended license on my background. The DUI is from the state I live in now. The other charge is from another state. I did not put the driving with a suspended license charge on the application because it didn't show up on the background check for my last job so I didn't think it would show up on this one, but I'm getting worried. The background check for my last job was with Vericon, the one for this new job is with First advantage. Anyone know if First Advantage checks all states or does MVR? If it does show up can I kiss the job goodbye? I mean I did disclose the dui, so that's gotta count for something considering it's the more serious charge. Would the employer at least ask me about it and give me a chance to explain? Or if something shows I didn't disclose on the application am I screwed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:10 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
If you do get the job, dismissal with no need to pay unemployment can happen if you are found out to have intentionally lied on your application.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
What information did the application ask for?

Three days is not that long ago. Each company decides for itself what conduct they consider disqualifying.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 PM

31 posts, read 64,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
What information did the application ask for?

Three days is not that long ago. Each company decides for itself what conduct they consider disqualifying.
It asked if I had ever been convicted of a criminal offense not including traffic violations.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:40 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
A suspended license is a traffic violation, so I don't see the issue. I assume this position does not require you to drive a company vehicle.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:44 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi View Post
It asked if I had ever been convicted of a criminal offense not including traffic violations.
If you are talking about not disclosing the "driving wit a suspended license" on the application, first and foremost, was it a criminal offense or a traffic violation? That tells you right off the bat if it was something you needed to disclose.

I'm really to sure what the issue is as you already have all the information needed to know if it was or wasn't suppose to have been put on the application. Am I missing something?

Old 10-02-2015, 06:48 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
I've got a relative who has 2 DUIs and he drives a snowplow for the city. Go figure.
They overlook what they want to. Better to put it all. That way they can't say you lied, even if by ''ommission''.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search