Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 11:38 PM
GPC GPC started this thread

1,308 posts, read 3,413,481 times

Advertisements

I had an interview a few weeks ago for a job that would be great for me. Even though I was nervous, I think it went pretty well. I sent the usual thank you e-mails and even got a couple of very nice responses to them. So I'm trying to remain positive about my chances. The job is still listed on a popular job board but I noticed today that the salary was added to it. I'm 99% positive the salary wasn't included until now. I'm thinking this is a bad sign; that they're trying to attract more applicants by including the salary. I'd appreciate hearing what anyone else thinks. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 11:44 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I'm 99% positive the salary wasn't included until now. I'm thinking this is a bad sign; that they're trying to attract more applicants by including the salary.
That's a reasonable interpretation, but if it's the only change since interviewing, I wouldn't give it too much thought. Good luck and hope you get good news.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:04 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
If there hasn't been any contact with you for a few weeks since the interview, it isn't looking good. You have to try and not look into every aspect and wonder if it is a good sign. No one knows but the company.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:11 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
OP, I had to rep you because your rep is 666...no need to borrow trouble! LOL

As for your question. I agree that it's not looking good. If they re-listed the job with "new" information, it likely means they didn't get the responses they were looking for.

Either way, good luck on your search and I hope you hear from them.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:31 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,901 times
as others have pointed out- they are most likely looking for other potential candidates and including the salary sometimes helps. That doesn't mean you're out of the running though, but i would say to keep looking at other opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search