Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 610 times

Advertisements

Beware newenglandxp.com This company is a scam. They scammed me out of $2,500. They hired me as a purchasing agent and told me i was on a 1 month trial. They asked me to purchase a mac laptop and send it to china, before I shipped they gave me a checking account number and routing number and told me to withdraw $3,000 to pay my credit card before I shipped which I did. It took my bank 25 days to tell me the account was fraudulent and now I'm screwed. They told me I'd make $3,500 a month. They had me test once a week, wow they fooled me. I just want everyone to know this company is a scam. I'm out $2,500.... Shame on me. http://newenglandxp.com/employment.php Please spread the word so they don't scam others.

Last edited by victimofscam; 11-01-2015 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: added

Old 11-01-2015, 06:24 PM

146 posts, read 213,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofscam View Post
Beware newenglandxp.com This company is a scam. They scammed me out of $2,500. They hired me as a purchasing agent and told me i was on a 1 month trial. They asked me to purchase a mac laptop and send it to china, before I shipped they gave me a checking account number and routing number and told me to withdraw $3,000 to pay my credit card before I shipped which I did. It took my bank 25 days to tell me the account was fraudulent and now I'm screwed. They told me I'd make $3,500 a month. They had me test once a week, wow they fooled me. I just want everyone to know this company is a scam. I'm out $2,500.... Shame on me. New England Express Co. Please spread the word so they don't scam others.
Im sorry youre going through this, I hope you find the whois information for the site, and pray they are based in America, which is doubtful with that said, and im not trying to brow beat you here, please know that....

Why did you think any of that would be a good idea?

Any job that you do not go to a physical location, and get PHYSICAL money for purchasing is highly suspicious at best.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:30 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
So you bought a macbook and then shipped it to China?

Also, and like others I'm not lecturing you, just a general comment.

When someone you don't know sends you a check for a large dollar amount, do not spend any of it until the check clears.

If you wait for the check to (not) clear you won't owe the money you spent from it.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:11 PM

146 posts, read 213,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So you bought a macbook and then shipped it to China?

Also, and like others I'm not lecturing you, just a general comment.

When someone you don't know sends you a check for a large dollar amount, do not spend any of it until the check clears.

If you wait for the check to (not) clear you won't owe the money you spent from it.
This is absolutely correct.

In OPS situation, I would have informed the " employer " that I intend to hold the merchandise until the check clears, as a matter of record keeping, if the " employer "raises a stink about it, thats a red flag that theres a rat.

At that point you could also have asked them to wire the money directly to your bank, or you could have asked for THEIR bank account details and purchased the lap top with the business' account.

No legitimate business is going to ask you to " front " them money, that should be the biggest red flag.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:55 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
As a further caution, even though the money from a check is deposited in your account within 48 hours or so, your bank can pull the money out at a later time if the check turns out to be fraudulent. For checks drawn on domestic banks, that time seems to be about 5 days, but for checks drawn on international banks, or items that were forged, it could takes weeks.

If you don't know the person or company sending you the money, you should be suspicious. If you wonder why they would need you to purchase a laptop and send it to them, rather than purchasing directly from Apple, you should be suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search