Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 09:45 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times

Advertisements

This week I've been making all my doctor's appointments like crazy, hoping to squeeze everything in before I get a job, since employers hate their employees for seeing a damn doctor, because well....it's America.

So far, I am making appointments to see the following doctors:

PCP
Chiropractor
Dermatologist
Ophthalmologist
Optometrist

And possibly an ear doctor to clean out my ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 11:25 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
This week I've been making all my doctor's appointments like crazy, hoping to squeeze everything in before I get a job, since employers hate their employees for seeing a damn doctor, because well....it's America.

PCP
Chiropractor
Dermatologist
Ophthalmologist
Optometrist

No, employers do not hate their employees for seeing a doctor. But when you made your appointments in the way you did at your last employer, then yeah.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:23 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
No, employers do not hate their employees for seeing a doctor. But when you made your appointments in the way you did at your last employer, then yeah.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:38 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

PCP
Chiropractor
Dermatologist
Ophthalmologist
Optometrist

You've had 3 months , so, of course, employers should expect you to work during all working hours, every single day. This should have been taken care of, completely, 2 months ago.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:11 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You've had 3 months , so, of course, employers should expect you to work during all working hours, every single day. This should have been taken care of, completely, 2 months ago.
I have to ask: if his health problems are that bad, why is he working? He said before that his health/doctor appointments absolutely cannot wait.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:20 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

PCP
Chiropractor
Dermatologist
Ophthalmologist
Optometrist

Geez if this is you at 31, at 70, will anything work?

BTW, employers I have had are fine with infrequent doctor appointments, but I didn't take time off for cable, and I got my dentists stuff in before and after office hours. Most of them start earlier than offices for that reason. And, of course, I do not text at work except at lunch.

So make sure once employed again to be Mr. Reliable..always there for working hours as much as everyone at the company.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 12-14-2015 at 07:31 PM..

Old 12-15-2015, 08:30 AM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I have to ask: if his health problems are that bad, why is he working? He said before that his health/doctor appointments absolutely cannot wait.
This. I have to wonder why a 31 year old needs so much specialized care routinely.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:38 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Geez if this is you at 31, at 70, will anything work?

BTW, employers I have had are fine with infrequent doctor appointments, but I didn't take time off for cable, and I got my dentists stuff in before and after office hours. Most of them start earlier than offices for that reason. And, of course, I do not text at work except at lunch.

So make sure once employed again to be Mr. Reliable..always there for working hours as much as everyone at the company.
This. And don't just up and leave. Request the time off ahead of time. Otherwise it looks as if you are just walking off the job.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:27 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:

PCP
Chiropractor
Dermatologist
Ophthalmologist
Optometrist

Ah yes, I see the attitude has not changed. Therefore, once hired, don't expect the outcome to be much different. A different place...maybe a few different pros and cons as time goes on....but the end result will be you finding fault in the locale or the job or the people or...........& you'll be on to the next job hunt. Because once again, this won't be on you.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:56 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Are you a hypochondriac?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search