Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 05:37 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times

Advertisements

Great ideas and never knew about the google voice system! Thanks again for huge amount of help and answers!

Some good news, I have been looking for a job for a short time (less then a month) and will be going on an interview this week to a job I really want! Its right along with what im looking to do, 5 minute drive and most pay I have made so far. Plus excellent benefits! Excited and nervous! Thanks again everyone for suggestions!
(I already had a phone interview and it went very well!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 05:53 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
OP, I'm confused about something. Why are your skills listed at the bottom of your resume?

When I look at people's resumes, I always focus on skills before anything else. Putting your skills section at the top third makes it a lot easier for me and makes it a lot more likely for me to forward your resume to the hiring manager.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 PM

Metroword - yes it was poorly placed and have made changes. I posted them in a earlier post (wish I could edit OP!) Heres my updated cover letter and resume(pasted below). It is written out as if I am applying to a office/clerical position. If you have any more feedback I would appreciate it!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write this as a response to the office assistant position advertised online. I have read the requirements needed and am confident that I would be a perfect fit for the position due to my skills and experience. I have encosed my complete resume which explains in detail my experience and why i would be a match for your company.

I have a strong customer relations background involving around day to day office tasks, advanced phone use, sales, program and web development including Microsoft, Fiserv, Encore and photoshop systems. I am punctual, organized and can handle multiple assignments at once. I have a strong work record and have references readily available by request.

I thank you for your time and consideration. I would be available to speak over the phone or interview at your convienence. You may reach me at phone# or email XYZ.

Sincerely,
My name

Resume for:
My name
address
phone

Summary
Accomplished and motivated Office Assistant with an exceptional customer service background. Professional demeanor, communication and interpersonal skills while being proficient to learn new tasks and procedures.

Highlights
- Microsoft office, word, excel, photoshop, outlook experience and web development.
- Strong clerical skills, answering multi line phone system and directing calls.
- Appointment setting, spreadsheet use, routine data entry and typing skills.
- Extensive years in customer service and relations.
- Cash handling procedures, entry logs and management.
- Filing, faxing, mailing and other office support tasks.

Experience
Property Manager (address)
2012-Present Owner/Manager
- Record keeping, data entry, answering calls
- Customer service procedures
- Managing maintenance calls and issues

Company name (address)
2012-2013 Route Owner
- Managing sales and order tickets
- Data entry, customer service, sales
- Ordering and verifying product

Bank name (address)
2010-2012 ATM/Vault Teller
- Filing, encoding, spreadsheets, setting appointments
- Answering and directing calls
- Meeting routine sales goals

Education
Community College name
(Degree pursued), Candidate
2007-2009 (address)

Old 01-12-2016, 08:10 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Looks good and professional.

Hope you didn't just copy and paste from the real thing, because in your post you misspelled "encose". LOL

Funny true story. I once saw a resume that emphasized "public relations". He left out the L in the word "public", though. LOL

Old 01-13-2016, 04:49 PM

Thanks! Lol I keep posting the wrong one on here, no I have since edited it out for spelling and grammar errors. I read it over probably 10x and had someone else proofread it to be sure. Haha THAT is bad, i wonder when/if they ever noticed it was like that!

My interview is at 3:30 tomorrow! Excited but of course nervous as can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search