Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 11:12 AM

525 posts, read 406,374 times

Advertisements

Hey just an update. I went to the job interview and things had went better than I expected it. I got hired for another position than what I originally went to interview for. The supervisor noticed my strengths and decided to hire me as the Head teacher. This position is an 8:30 am - 3:30pm shift that pays 13.50/hr. The head teacher responsibility is to mentor the other teachers on class room management and to make sure each teach understands how the class operates.

I was so excited because its a higher position that offers better pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 11:30 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
Hey just an update. I went to the job interview and things had went better than I expected it. I got hired for another position than what I originally went to interview for. The supervisor noticed my strengths and decided to hire me as the Head teacher. This position is an 8:30 am - 3:30pm shift that pays 13.50/hr. The head teacher responsibility is to mentor the other teachers on class room management and to make sure each teach understands how the class operates.

Congrats!

Old 04-12-2016, 02:53 PM

15 posts, read 10,555 times
Congrats, OP!!!

Old 04-12-2016, 08:22 PM

289 posts, read 504,661 times
Quote:

Congratulations! I would see how this kind of work fits for you before deciding to go any further with your master's degree. I'm a big proponent of not spending money on degrees unless you're 100% positive about them.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello View Post
Congratulations! I would see how this kind of work fits for you before deciding to go any further with your master's degree. I'm a big proponent of not spending money on degrees unless you're 100% positive about them.
Hey you all bad news. The supervisor is just considering me along with other applicants in the higher position. However the way she talk with me seem as if I will be a chosen candidate. I hope this job will be the end for me searching for a job in a long time

Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Quote:
Hey you all bad news. The supervisor is just considering me along with other applicants in the higher position. However the way she talk with me seem as if I will be a chosen candidate. I hope this job will be the end for me searching for a job in a long time
Quote:
This position is an 8:30 am - 3:30pm shift that pays 13.50/hr
um what? you plan to stop searching for a job because you got $13.50? Keep searching and improving your skills.

Besides I thought you wanted to get a masters in social work, what does this do to contribute to it? Or did you give that plan up in a matter of days? Doesn't seem like much thought/planning is going into it.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM

289 posts, read 504,661 times
Quote:
Oh there it is. You never have the job until they extend and official offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Besides I thought you wanted to get a masters in social work, what does this do to contribute to it? Or did you give that plan up in a matter of days? Doesn't seem like much thought/planning is going into it.
OP, if you've been having doubts for a while about whether social work is right for you, then by all means don't sink any more time and money into the program unless you are sure of it. Like I said before, a master's in social work is a lot of money for a career that doesn't pay all that great. If this is the case you might benefit from taking some time away from graduate school to decide what you really want to do. You might be able to stay in the program while taking a semester off (some schools allow that, some don't).

Old 04-14-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello View Post
Oh there it is. You never have the job until they extend and official offer.

OP, if you've been having doubts for a while about whether social work is right for you, then by all means don't sink any more time and money into the program unless you are sure of it. Like I said before, a master's in social work is a lot of money for a career that doesn't pay all that great. If this is the case you might benefit from taking some time away from graduate school to decide what you really want to do. You might be able to stay in the program while taking a semester off (some schools allow that, some don't).

I am indecisive on what should I get my degree in. I have to research and see. I am going to ask my advisor could he extend my date to start school in August because that should give me ample enough time to decide on what would be best for me.

I am currently about to give up searching for jobs though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search