Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:09 PM

853 posts, read 644,007 times

Advertisements

Take me to the days when HR didn´t exist. Most useless approach to get a job ever. Just they have given me disgust, frustrating. I HATE THEM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 12:25 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,495,795 times
so much easier with internet today than before internet

all you guys seem confused about what it was like before the internet, everything you hate about the internet, it was still happening back then, but it was done on paper
Quote:
I'm in my late 20s, but I'd much rather deal with the days of pre-internet. No stupid personality tests, computer software screening resumes, or tons of BS postings to weed through.
no they were still done, and fyi, computers existed before the internet and so did the HR department, employers always screened one form or another, computer or human

what you guys hate about "office personalities", guess what, it was worse back then because computers are "non-partial" and don't "judge" based on appearances. try to get screened by someone and hoping the person across table wasn't having a bad day

Old 05-12-2016, 08:24 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,287 posts, read 80,518,848 times
My first real job out of graduate school was at a public agency in 1975, and while there was no resume, there was a 4 page application to fill out, a 2 hour written exam, an "Oral Board" which involved questions from 4 people (one from HR) over an hour, just to be ranked on the hiring list. Then for any opening, only the top 3 on the list were interviewed by the hiring manager. They were still doing it that way when I left in 1992. Where I am now, people must apply through the website and upload the resume, but it's a far easier and simple process. There is no screening by the computer. HR only verifies that the resume shows the candidate meeting the minimum requirements, as the hiring manager I decide who gets interviewed. For my last hire, HR questioned the 2 years experience for the candidate I liked best, but since she hit that mark the day after the interview I was able to hire her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search