Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,458 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently received an offer and they're working on my background check. The company uses a 3rd party for employment verification. Over 8 years ago, straight out of college, I had a hard time finding a job. My husband's company was doing well, so I was helping him with the business while looking for work. I wasn't paid, but the experience is relevant, so I listed it on my resume.

The 3rd party vendor couldn't even verify my last employment and requested w2's, which I have for all years. I am worried, that they will ask the same for the work with my husband and since I wasn't paid, there's nothing on record.

At this point I'm pretty much freaking out that because of that the company won't hire me. How can I address this if the issue comes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 01:23 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_thy View Post
How can I address this if the issue comes up.
You tell them the truth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_thy View Post
My husband's company was doing well, so I was helping him with the business while looking for work. I wasn't paid, but the experience is relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search