U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:33 PM

1,104 posts, read 677,628 times

Advertisements

Well, screw that shirt and trousers I've been wearing. Next time I get an interview, I'm wearing nothing but a thong, a pair of facial tattoos and a haircut comprised solely of loud, battery-powered wonderwoman figurines. Take that patriarchy! (Thong optional in my opinion) #feministfrequency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 01:58 PM

4,991 posts, read 2,563,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
It is NEVER a good idea to include a photo with any application / resume UNLESS the job is for a MODELING OR ACTING GIG and even then it better come from a legit "talent agent" and some unsolicited mail-in.
True, but any employer can spend 5 seconds doing a google search to see what an applicant looks like.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:56 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,092,733 times
I would have been more interested to see what would have happened if the woman whose photo was more conservative was MORE qualified than the woman in the low cut top. The study said both women were nearly identically skilled/educated. Would have been very interesting in the low cut top woman was posed as less qualified than the conservative woman but still got more job offers.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:59 PM

16,353 posts, read 9,632,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
True, but any employer can spend 5 seconds doing a google search to see what an applicant looks like.
Hahaha - good luck!....that works best on those 30 and younger...but if that's all they're hiring....

Old 06-28-2016, 05:46 PM

1,969 posts, read 976,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
they have to wear short shorts... for men, it's what's below that counts
Not really.

For most women, they look at our height first and foremost. Then strong back/chest, abs, biceps, legs and forearms for indicators of male power and strength. The outline and symmetry of the male body is very important.

I think p***s size is impossible to fully access in an interview environment. Unless of course it's that kind of interview ......if ya know what I mean

For the record, I have gotten job offers before purely based on looks. No open trousers or request to take off my shirt. Those requests came later and I tactfully declined such offers.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:00 PM

28,239 posts, read 34,847,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I added the you get hired part myself before reading the article but it turned out to be true. Granted, this is in France but I bet it may be true here too.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/happens-...150506053.html
Doesn't say they were hired. Simply more offers for an interview. Clearly this was with male recruiters. So what else is new?

Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,942,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post

A picture that shows obvious characteristics that are the basis of illegal discrimination against folks of certain race, age, religion, et cetera is NOT going to sit well with any professional workplace in the US.
Back when I was job searching (admin, project coordinator, business analyst, etc. positions - no sales, acting, modeling), I included my headshot on resumes to 40+ employers. I got at least five call backs. I don't suspect that it was due to any perverted recruiters or superficial employers. Some employers like it when you include a photo, because they're going to judge you on your appearance during the interview anyway. Saves both of you time.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:05 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,432,127 times
OK what I get from the article is that the recruiters liked more skin showing so those women got more interviews following that 1st one. That means they cleared the 1st hurdle to even get to the employer who is hiring. The employer then likely hired the best qualified those who survived the recruiter.

Really hard for women to figure out how to dress for success. The truth is that women are judged by many more indices than men are. Very attractive women can be negatively judged too, whether they show skin or not.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:53 PM

427 posts, read 398,095 times
Should I crossdress in my next interview? People say I make a pretty girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or