Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 11:29 AM

853 posts, read 648,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abvincent1 View Post
If I was you I would focus less on the what-if and more on what is reality in front of me. How many other people are on that UK job list?

If you don't want the job in Mexico then do the employer a favor and let them give it to someone else. Otherwise I would take the offer I was given and focus on the other opportunity as it happens.

Passing an ATS is light years from being offered a job. That's like saying because I bought a lotto ticket for the Friday drawing I should quit my job search because I could win the lotto on Friday.

Don't get ahead of yourself.
The goal is to make international experience and come back home to Spain to work and live. The problem of engineering jobs in Spain is that every employer asks for 3 years of experience and/or international experience and there is no chance to get it in Spain unless you go through networking. I have 2 years of relevant experience working as Engineer that I got through networking and this would be the first time after my internship I get a job by my own. I have more drawbacks about salary and Mexico itself rather than the job. I admit, there are few things I like of Mexico, but this is the life, is a great opportunity and can bring me a better future. I am worried about the insecurity and people, Spain can be everything that you want but at least is one of the safest countries in the world and I really miss that (I guess everybody that come from the first world miss their home country when they are in a developing country). On the other hand the opportunities in Ireland, Netherlands and UK came from my frustration/desperation to not finding a job in Mexico but finally a employer was able to give me a "VISA" (work permit).

I will accept the job in Mexico because I need to make experience even if I have to be supported by my parents and wife but I can´t lie to you... I want to come back home one day, I miss Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 11:11 AM

2,762 posts, read 3,185,373 times
You made the right decision.

The chances you where going to get an offer from the other company was slim and no doubt the interviewing process was going to be dragged out and long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search