Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,117 times

Advertisements

I placed my info on Craigslist looking for part time employment and a person emailed me info about his company called 247telemarketing.us, a provider of lead generation and telemarketing services to see if I was interested and inquired about what rate of pay I was looking for. When I replied back, he sent me a contract to look over and sign. I haven't signed it yet, this is what it states:

You will be responsible for successfully completing the above-described project according to specifications and within the policy guidelines discussed. (The specs and guideline are NOT SPELLED out in this contract.)
All calls are recorded from the dialer, the client does have 24/7 access to them recordings. Please watch what is said on calls as the client does have access to these recordings.
You will invoice us for your services rendered at the end of each two week period. We have up to 3 business days to process the request. This will be invoiced at the rate of $11.00 per hour paid via bank deposit OR Check. You would need to send over an invoice for all projects completed in order to be paid. It is your responsibility to do that. Commission will be factored after each two week period.
We will not deduct or withhold any taxes, FICA or other deductions that we are legally required to make from the pay of regular employees. As an independent contractor, you will not be entitled to any fringe benefits, such as unemployment insurance, medical insurance, pension plans or other such benefits that would be offered to regular employees.
During this project, you may be in contact with or directly working with proprietary information that is important to our company and its competitive position. All information must be treated with strict confidence and may not be used at any time or in any manner in work you may do with others in our industry.

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of this company or if it is a scam. The web site is 247 Telemarketing and seems legit.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 07:00 PM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,531,678 times
That doesn't sound legit to me, I would steer clear. What kind of work are you looking for?

Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,117 times
Just looking for customer service part time.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:00 AM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,531,678 times
Try the freelancers' site, Upwork, instead. Search other work from home threads for suggestions on legitimate companies (e.g., airlines) that hire remote workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search