Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 08:45 PM

226 posts, read 310,783 times

Advertisements

I applied for an internal job posting at another location almost a month ago. My office-mate also applied. I also heard from my co-worker, who seems to know people in the business office, or at least acts like she does, there were only one or two other applicants. We were contacted for interviews last week, hers was yesterday, mine will be Monday. I logged into my dashboard today and saw that the job status changed from "Approved" (as in approved to accept applicants) to "Closed not filled." (If it makes a difference, this is a public-sector job.) This agency has a policy that they interview all internal applicants, and my status on my dashboard is still "Under review." What, if anything, should I make of this change in job status? Is it just that they are no longer taking applications, or have they made a decision and my interview is just a formality? Or have they decided not to fill the position at this time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:04 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Who knows? It's all conjecture at this point. Guess you'll find out on Monday. Keep us posted and good luck!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:53 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
How would we know? It can be anything you listed and more.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:09 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,901 times
at my company it would indicate that they decided not to fill the position and are not accepting further applications. However, this usually is because they didn't get the quality/experience and or education that was needed for the position and they usually end up posting it again for a lower level (less pay) which also has lower standards for the exp/education. This could be the case with your position, however, this is merely my opinion as i've never worked for the gov't. Now that being said- DO NOT BRING IT UP. It won't make you look good, and it could hurt your chances in the future. They have their reasons for if it was either not filled at all or if they are waiting. Just see what happens on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search