Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 01:44 PM

49 posts, read 38,906 times

Advertisements

I just don't get why so many HR reps send out rejection emails chockful of lies. Not only are you wasting MY time by sending me an email to read in the first place, but you're also wasting your time by writing it. I don't get what's up with all the lies either.

"We thank you for taking your time to send the application/or resume"

"We hope you reapply again!"

"We will keep your resume on file for future openings"

"We think you might be a match for a future opening".

Come on, I wasn't born yesterday! If I send something and don't hear back in a day or two, I think it's safe to say you're not interested. Fine, I've already moved on applied to other jobs by then anyway. I get that they're trying to be kind by sending out rejections, but why do they have to sugarcoat it with lies? I don't need your sympathy or your fake "kindness".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 02:08 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,713,302 times
How about:

"Your qualifications make it clear you're an idiot and wasted our time by applying, the bill is in the mail"

"You actually thought we'd hire you?"

"Your application was used to light cigars in the boardroom"

"Your application/resume was used to line the birdcage"

Would that be better?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:12 PM

13,011 posts, read 12,951,790 times
Simple politeness? What is wrong with a bit of socially appropriate phrasing in a message?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
How about:

"Your qualifications make it clear you're an idiot and wasted our time by applying, the bill is in the mail"

"You actually thought we'd hire you?"

"Your application was used to light cigars in the boardroom"

"Your application/resume was used to line the birdcage"

Would that be better?
Don't even bother with the email. It's insulting.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:15 PM

41,940 posts, read 36,696,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarMaDraMa View Post
I just don't get why so many HR reps send out rejection emails chockful of lies. Not only are you wasting MY time by sending me an email to read in the first place, but you're also wasting your time by writing it. I don't get what's up with all the lies either.

"We thank you for taking your time to send the application/or resume"

"We hope you reapply again!"

"We will keep your resume on file for future openings"

"We think you might be a match for a future opening".

Come on, I wasn't born yesterday! If I send something and don't hear back in a day or two, I think it's safe to say you're not interested. Fine, I've already moved on applied to other jobs by then anyway. I get that they're trying to be kind by sending out rejections, but why do they have to sugarcoat it with lies? I don't need your sympathy or your fake "kindness".

It's not safe, I regularly heard a month or two later. I also have been contacted about jobs I didn't apply for but they thought I'd be a good fit for at companies.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Simple politeness? What is wrong with a bit of socially appropriate phrasing in a message?
But there is no need for an email. It's just stupid.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:18 PM

13,011 posts, read 12,951,790 times
Quote:
But there is no need for an email. It's just stupid.
Then you should be happy that most companies don't send anything. For the organizations that do, it only takes a few seconds to read and delete rejections, so there is no significant cost to you.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:18 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,520,172 times
No, really. I would like to hear back. It makes things so much easier.

Also, I've twice gotten jobs from somebody who didn't hire me but passed me resume on to somebody else.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:30 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,713,302 times
Quote:
Don't even bother with the email. It's insulting.
I can guess you got a lot of them and are upset they treated yours so causally that they obviously didn't see what a incredible asset you could have been...

Old 08-26-2016, 02:30 PM

22,226 posts, read 47,150,952 times
Most people want to hear back, and it is the polite thing to do.
Since you don't simply delete and move on.
Not worth the "DraMa" you are creating here...

I fail to see how a company saying "We thank you for taking your time to send the application/or resume" is a lie and insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search