U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 392 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anybody has any advice for me. Since leaving school, I have been unable to keep a job for more than a year, and all of these jobs have been minimum wage, unskilled work. I went to college, passed a few academic qualifications and yet all I have been able to do is agency and temporary contract work. Currently I am studying at University doing a psychology degree yet I fear that I may be wasting my time with this. This is because I hear of so many people studying this degree who end up unemployed in the same kind of loophole I have found myself in. Throughout my life I have found, and lost the following jobs..

Factory worker-1 year, forced to leave due to being bullied
Hospital catering-2 months-Fired because I was too slow
Factory worker-2 weeks-laid off
Sales consultant-6 months-made redundant
Exams invigilator-2 months-temporary contract
Factory worker-3 DAYS-Fired because I couldnt cut vegetables fast enough
Warehouse worker-3 weeks, laid off

I am honestly beginning to wonder if there is any point bothering anymore, because it seems like it is impossible for me to keep a job and provide financially for myself. This situation is really stressing me out and making me worry about my future as I am beginning to think that I don't have one. Does anybody have any advice for anyone in my situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 08:13 AM

12,659 posts, read 11,381,076 times
Sounds like you need a job where the pace of work isn't important and you can work alone or close to alone. Maybe some technical trade or driving a truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or