Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 12:06 PM

216 posts, read 372,924 times

Advertisements

I hate the waiting period between interviews and finding out if you have the position. I have been interviewing with this company for the past few months and I finally made it to the final round. They just asked for my references but also said it is between myself and one other person.

Ugh. I really want this position as I think I can do a great job. The company has just put me through the wringer and if I have to start all over in my search I may just shoot myself (just kidding)

My recruiter, who is great, doesn't know the other candidate but believes I am highly qualified he has been great helping me along the process. I just hope writing this post will help alleviate my stress. They said they hoped to have a decision by Friday.

The good news is another recruiter reached out and I have a possible job interview next week. So the wheel is turning. I just want this process to be over with and for me to start on the next chapter in my life. I really am ready to leave my company. I don't like being secretive and trying to sneak away for interviews every few days. Its starting to get noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 02:40 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Is there a generally accepted period of time to wait before checking in after an interview? A week or two?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:51 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
tips:

Ask when leaving what the target decision date is. Let them know that you will log it for follow up that day, and ask who the contact will be. Hold them accountable. Its called Business Professional to respond to all candidates.

During the "wait" time continue applying elsewhere....Learned not to put all my eggs in a basket....

I do agree that the delay does create stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search