Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 11:43 AM

853 posts, read 648,826 times

Advertisements

I know It depends on the person, time invested, professional profile and where you are looking for a job but I am curious about how many applications/resumes do you send in a day or in a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 07:17 PM

345 posts, read 252,483 times
I have sent about 4 to 5 per week since January. Thus far I have had two face to face interviews and two phone interviews (not including phone interviews with the recruiter since I don't count those if they don't go anywhere).

Old 03-10-2016, 06:44 AM

3,551 posts, read 2,533,863 times
2 to 8 a week.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:49 AM

2,762 posts, read 3,187,115 times
I did about 15-25+ week over a three year period, but I was looking in several states, government as well as industry etc... I cast a huge net, but 0-5 a week locally was about right.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Thank you for your replies. My friends, as you know I am looking for a job since I wake up in the morning till I go to bed. Yesterday I collapsed after submitting more than 45 resumes in the previous day, I had to go bed with a terrible headache. Not all is bad, I have 6 interviews pending, I have one phone interview per week and I feel soon I will land a job, but those interviews are still pending. I know my chances in the US are very limited but at least I am taking some ideas to tailor my resume in your style to apply for other countries and honestly, they are working well. I love the way you sell out your skills, this is something we don´t usually do and I am thinking that being different and creative can make the difference and can put me above other potential candidates. I am struggling in this job search for two reasons: competence and being foreign in all the countries I am applying for but I have no chance, my country is completely stopped. If only I have the chance to land a job in another country, then I would be able to land a job in my country since there are a lot of people unemployed even more than 4 years and I would be able to stabilize my life. I feel that all that I am living is unfair, I worked hard to have an engineering degree and relevant experience. I can´t believe that this is happening to me.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:22 PM

15 posts, read 10,566 times
I live in a medium size southern town, and I am looking for entry level professional jobs outside of sales and anything science/tech related, so about 7 or so a week depends the amount of ads who qualifications I meet. Sometimes, like late December/early January, I take a break from filling out apps. It can take a toll on you when you're filling out all these apps, but no one is responding no matter how much I try to better my cv and resume

Old 03-11-2016, 09:08 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,766,623 times
I send out 2-10 because I take time to customize my resume for those positions.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 AM

I have another question if you don´t mind to answer me. How many hours do you spend reading job ads, thinking, tailoring resumes, applying in a single day?

Old 06-06-2017, 01:05 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,837,122 times
I was applying to 10 a day with little results. I mean I got three offers in 6 months, but they were all contract IT jobs, not desirable (shift work, etc.). I bumped it up to 20 a day for a while with no luck.

After months of no real results, I decided to start customizing my resume and edit it from 5 pages to 2. I've started using their key words, and putting only the relevant certs, education and experience that they call out in their listing on my resume.

I've noticed that even though it takes longer and I can only apply for a fraction of the jobs like this, I'm getting more responses now that my resume is a match for their position when applying.

With any luck I'll be able to post here soon that this strategy (quality over quantity) is far better than just sending out 20 resumes a day using the "easily apply" feature of indeed.com with a 5 page resume that has my quals for the position in there somewhere...

Old 06-11-2017, 11:39 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,910 times
I'm employeed but wanted to change careers. I applied to AT LEAST 10 a week. Some were far fetched but I did it anyway. I started applying few month pre graduation and landed a job 2 weeks post graduation.

I was very persistent, even though at times I thought I'd never get it right. I went to any interview I was asked to do, even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted. All the practice was worth it.

I was actually recruited via my resume on a job search site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search