Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 05:14 PM

323 posts, read 222,155 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever experienced this? Imagine You are in the interview, one on one, in their office.you feel comfortable, you arrive on time, well dressed. during the interview, the manager gets up and walks out, comes back and says they will "bench" your resume.

Would you ask why they were acting disinterested all of the sudden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 11:00 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
That is rude and I see no reason to ever to conduct an interview in that way. As an HR and hiring manager I've been in circumstances where it's quicly clear the candidate is not a good fit but I'd still respect their time and effort.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:13 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Personally I'd thank them for their time and leave. There's nothing to gain by calling them out on it, but I also wouldn't take a job that that interviewer is related to.

I'd keep it polite and professional though, I don't like burning bridges anywhere if I can help it.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:23 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
I would thank them for the opportunity and then leave.

Afterwards, I'd make sure to write several online reviews regarding the unprofessionalism of the company and mention the interviewer by name.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:18 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger34 View Post
Has anyone ever experienced this? Imagine You are in the interview, one on one, in their office.you feel comfortable, you arrive on time, well dressed. during the interview, the manager gets up and walks out, comes back and says they will "bench" your resume.

WOW! Are you serious? That is very rude and I'd have no problem "burning that bridge". As far as I'm concerned, that's a bridge you would never want to cross in the future.

IMO, I could care less about their rationale.

You dodged a bullet. Could you imagine working for a company that treats their people like this? ...and just at "hello"?

I hope you write a few reviews on this. Glassdoor is your friend.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Personally I'd thank them for their time and leave. There's nothing to gain by calling them out on it, but I also wouldn't take a job that that interviewer is related to.

I'd keep it polite and professional though, I don't like burning bridges anywhere if I can help it.
This is what I'd do. Sorry that happened to you. That is pretty ridiculous!

Old 04-16-2018, 06:45 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger34 View Post

If they treat you bad at the interview it isn't going to get any better when they hire you. Run and don't look back. I'd even pull the plug mid-interview.

The exception would be if I am dealing with HR as I kind of have low expectations of them and don't necessarily hold it against the whole company.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:51 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
The exception would be if I am dealing with HR as I kind of have low expectations of them and don't necessarily hold it against the whole company.
Oh, I will. HR is the first line of communication for a company and if I have a poor first impression with them, then I'm going to assume (wrongly or not) the entire company is full of incompetent people. It's really no different than calling your cable company up to set up a repair service for a technical issue, and automatically assuming that the technician coming out will also be a jerk off due to the poor customer service I received on the phone.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:44 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEHelp View Post
WOW! Are you serious? That is very rude and I'd have no problem "burning that bridge". As far as I'm concerned, that's a bridge you would never want to cross in the future.

IMO, I could care less about their rationale.

You dodged a bullet. Could you imagine working for a company that treats their people like this? ...and just at "hello"?

I hope you write a few reviews on this. Glassdoor is your friend.
The interviewer clearly has no conception of professionalism. That was also an immature thing to do, storming out like a child throwing a tantrum because he chose to end the interview. No loss here OP. Imagine dealing with that day to day.

It can be awkward for the interviewer when they decude quickly the candidate is not right for the job, but a simple mention after a short meeting that they are still interviewing and thanking them for coming in is all that's needed.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:16 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
I've experienced rude interviewers. Although it does not feel good not to be closer to getting a job, the candidate should be thankful not to be working for that company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search