Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 03:15 PM

757 posts, read 1,094,422 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone has a story where, perhaps, an old boss or a rude interviewer showed back up in your career life needing your help or business. Maybe you helped them remember how poorly they treated you?

Anyone have a good story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 03:35 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Pretty pointless thing to waste karma on.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 AM

1,063 posts, read 696,886 times
Yes someone reported me for BS, basically a backstabber and now he needs a job and is about to get laid off from the same employer that laid me off.

I am pretending to help sincerely and of course I am not doing anything for him. I hope he is forced to move back home, gets divorced and loses custody of his child.

You don't f&^*% with my livelihood and think I'll ever forget it. If you're dirty to me I take it to the next level. Hammurabi but if you take one eye from me I'll take two. So you won't ever be able to try that BS on me ever again.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:42 PM

604 posts, read 856,506 times
As an undergrad intern I got knifed in the back by one of my fellow interns who was a lying drama queen and stirred up trouble to get attention. My internship was coming to an end anyway, but the organization had a history of hiring their interns and needless to say I did not get a job offer.

Fast forward a couple years. The place I'm working at is hiring and I'm on the selection panel. The boss hands out the resumes and here's one from the backstabbing fellow intern! She did get hired by the place we interned at, but now she's not working there anymore and had been unemployed for a while. I said I knew her from my internship and told the story. Boss said, "Okay, that one's a hard NO," and we moved on.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about how other people did me wrong, but that felt good. I found out later from someone who still worked there (it was a small local government office) that she had made so much drama at that job that the county came in, cleaned house, and fired her along with a few other people. Our profession is a very small world so for a couple years after that I made sure to mention that fact to anyone who knew her or had business with that office.

When the universe gives you an opportunity like that, you seize it with both hands.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:55 PM

Hahahaha, these are good stories. Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-25-2018, 02:06 PM

192 posts, read 147,397 times
Sort of.

I was hired to replace a person who was leaving. After I was hired, that person decided they were no longer leaving and, as there was no longer a position for me (small 12 person company) I was let go.

Well, the person was given a better offer by the employer she turned down, and ended up resigning the afternoon I was fired.

I was let go, per the BS I was given, because I wasn't a good fit. During the termination meeting, I said "Why don't you tell me the truth, it's because you hired me before you were sure so and so was actually leaving...the person didn't answer, but didn't make ANY eye contact with me for the rest of the conversation.

So, I was fired because the employer didn't have her ducks in a row...and then the person I was replacing left after all. Guessing she wishes she hadn't let me go.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:17 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
I've seen bad things happen to people who were not nice.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:00 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
And I have seen bad things happen to people who were nice lol whats the point?

Old 04-26-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeReading View Post
Sort of.

I was hired to replace a person who was leaving. After I was hired, that person decided they were no longer leaving and, as there was no longer a position for me (small 12 person company) I was let go.

Well, the person was given a better offer by the employer she turned down, and ended up resigning the afternoon I was fired.

I was let go, per the BS I was given, because I wasn't a good fit. During the termination meeting, I said "Why don't you tell me the truth, it's because you hired me before you were sure so and so was actually leaving...the person didn't answer, but didn't make ANY eye contact with me for the rest of the conversation.

So, I was fired because the employer didn't have her ducks in a row...and then the person I was replacing left after all. Guessing she wishes she hadn't let me go.
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your experience.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:54 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I totally agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search